- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:40
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:21
- Hits: 2549
A Ralph Bunche advisory committee established by the King George Board of Supervisors will host representatives from the Virginia Department of Historic Resources at its meeting next week.
- Last Updated on Friday, 30 November 2012 13:35
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:05
- Hits: 2203
editor's note: we received revised numbers, to see the correction, please press here.
Traffic light likely to be added later
The latest design for the Owens intersection on Dahlgren Road (Route 206) would acquire significantly fewer properties than originally planned, down from 24 parcels to needing six parcels for right-of-way.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 13:06
- Hits: 2694
Set-up for Operation Sharehouse began at noon on Sunday, Nov. 18 at the King George Family YMCA. The first shift of volunteers from partner, NSWC Federal Credit Union unloaded tables from the trailer, courtesy of KG Builders Association, and set them up in half of the basketball court of the gym.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:12
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:12
- Hits: 2695
Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) latest design plan for widening sections of Dahlgren Road (Route 206) at the Owens intersection with Windsor Drive (Route 218) and Owens Road (Route 624) is expected to be on display at next week’s work session meeting of the King George Board of Supervisors.
At least a couple of supervisors have seen recent versions of the changing design. Those include At-Large Supervisor Dale Sisson and Dahlgren Supervisor Ruby Brabo.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 14:12
- Published on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 13:49
- Hits: 3815
Dahlgren cancels event
Fireworks have been cancelled in King George for Fourth of July, 2013.
As in 2008 through 2010, residents will again have to go out of the county if they wish to view a fireworks display during their 2013 Fourth of July celebrations.
The Board of Supervisors reluctantly made the decision at a meeting last week on Nov. 6.