- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:02
- Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:02
- Hits: 2458
The 4-H display at the King George Home and Craft Show included a western saddle on a wooden horse. Carmen Contreras was one of many kids who took a ride on the ponly. Lori Deem (second from right) encourages Carmen to wave her cowboy hat as Wilma Ward (far left) and Sandi Hughes (right), Carmen’s grandmother, look on. Ward works for School Board also with the 4-H horse and pony club.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 10:00
- Published on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 10:00
- Hits: 3088
King George Supervisors last week approved an extension request by Froncé Wardlaw on behalf of Project FAITH’s proposed HELP Center on a split vote, 3-2.
At last week’s meeting on Feb. 19, Cedell Brooks, Ruby Brabo and John LoBuglio voted in favor of granting an extension for commencement of construction to Aug. 1, with Chairman Dale Sisson and Joe Grzeika voting against any extension.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:24
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:23
- Hits: 2725
Two new All Terrain Vehicles have been received by the King George County Sheriff’s Department courtesy of the King George Department of Fire and Rescue. “We are very thankful for their help,” said King George Sheriff Steve Dempsey.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:13
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:13
- Hits: 2954
At a meeting on Feb. 5, Supervisors were told by Blue Ridge Mass Appraisal Field Supervisor Jonathan Larsen that at that point, 5,028 properties in the county had been visited, with about 7,900 left to go. He said this phase of the project is to make sure the physical data they have on each property is correct, such as number of bedrooms, bathrooms, size of garage, etc.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:28
- Published on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:28
- Hits: 2744
The students of Peace Christian Preschool recently visited King George Fire and Rescue where they learned about fire safety, saw a firefighter in full gear, toured the trucks and met Sparkie, the Fire Dog. Pictured is the Tuesday/Thursday class along with Sparky. Peace is currently enrolling for Fall 2013 classes.
Photo submitted by Connie Tanner