- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:44
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:44
- Hits: 1819
County businesses will be celebrated this spring at an appr-eciation night sponsored by the Board of Supervisors and the county Economic Development Authority (EDA). The event will take place on Wednesday, May 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Hopyard Farm subdivision clubhouse.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:39
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:39
- Hits: 2996
Current rate structure to be maintained
The King George Service Authority held several budget work sessions in February and March, with tentative agreement on a proposed budget and a 5 percent rate hike proposed to take effect with the July billing.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 19:58
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:58
- Hits: 2595
Including constitutional employees & registrar
The King George Board of Supervisors held a final of four budget sessions this week on Monday, March 25, and had consensus to provide one percent pay increases across the board to county employees, including those who are under the Constitutional officers and all those in the Registrar’s office.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 11:42
- Published on Friday, 22 March 2013 16:50
- Hits: 3738
A King George County Circuit Court jury has convicted Robert Ray Crouch of 14 felonies in connection with charges that the troubled and controversial cemetery operator defrauded customers of the former Meadow-Brooke Memorial Gardens in King George.
After a two-day trial before Circuit Judge J. Martin Bass, the jury convicted Crouch of 14 counts of failure to deposit funds in the proper trust account and five counts of obtaining money by false pretenses. The nine women and three men on the jury took just two hours to reach a verdict.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 11:56
- Published on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 11:56
- Hits: 2891
Battelle Memorial Institute, an Ohio-based nonprofit research-and-development laboratory, is pleased to award a $5,000 grant to support mathematics, science, and the CyberPatriot Club at King George High School and $2,200 to two King George 4-H Clubs who compete in FIRST ® (Foundation for Inspiration and