- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:59
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:59
- Hits: 1229
The King George Board of Supervisors is scheduled to take another look at proposed ordinance amendments regulating natural gas drilling along with new language for the county’s Comprehensive Plan pertaining to fracking.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 13:55
- Published on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 13:55
- Hits: 1881
King George Supervisor Joe Grzeika will not seek another term in this fall’s election.
“I have made a very difficult decision,” Grzeika told The Journal. “I will not pursue re-election.”
He will continue to serve through the end of his current term on Dec. 31.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:09
- Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:00
- Hits: 1514
King George officials have been saying ‘Thank you’ to county businesses since 2004 by hosting an annual appreciation event.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 10:58
- Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 10:58
- Hits: 1039
The King George Service Authority authorized advertising 8 percent rate and fee increases for the coming fiscal year. That unanimous action was taken on May 19.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:32
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:32
- Hits: 4988
Why wear a seat belt when you are driving? Because you are four times more likely to die in a traffic accident if you are not belted in.
That was one of the lessons being taught last week to King George High School by the King George Sheriff’s Office and Drive Smart Virginia.