- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:51
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:51
- Hits: 954
Project FAITH is asking that King George County’s legal complaint against the development company be dismissed.
The reason for King George County’s complaint filed last month was to get back a 5.53-acre parcel of land it gave away in 2012.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 14:22
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 14:16
- Hits: 1799
Members and guests of the Leedstown Resolutions DAR Chapter in King George recently visited the James Monroe Birthplace Museum in Col. Beach.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 14:08
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 14:07
- Hits: 1112
YMCA Executive Director Elizabeth Clark has spearheaded a new swim program that has the potential of saving lives. In an effort to combat accidental drowning in the area, the King George YMCA in conjunction
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:37
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:37
- Hits: 1014
There are artists in King George County? You bet’cha and plenty of them. Potters Shirley Buckler and Julie Moore are making it their business to bring these folks to the public’s attention.
On Nov. 23 and 24 from 10 to 5, ten participating artists and fine craftsmen will be opening their studios/homes to the public in the sixth Annual King George Studio Tour. Their work will be set up on display and available for purchase. Included this year will be pottery, pen and ink drawings, watercolors, oil paintings, photography, multi-media, stained glass, jewelry, woodworking and more.
More information about each artist, as well as maps to participants’ studios/homes, can be found at www.dirtybirdpottery.com.
— Submitted by Julie Moore
- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 11:10
- Published on Thursday, 31 October 2013 11:05
- Hits: 2290
Terence (T.C.) Collins has announced he is running as a write in candidate in this year’s election for the James Monroe District school board position.
T.C. is a Virginia State Trooper. His wife Jennifer is an Assistant Principal at KGHS and he has a daughter who is a senior at KGHS.
From T.C.: "My platform is simple and straightforward: