- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 11:44
- Published on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 11:43
- Hits: 7448
The ninth annual Some Gave All Motorcycle Ride has been scheduled for May 17.
The ride honors the fallen warriors of the Iraq war,
Among the honorees are Sgt. Nick Mason of King George, a member of the Army National Guard, who was killed on Dec. 31, 2004 during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Last Updated on Monday, 23 March 2015 14:45
- Published on Monday, 23 March 2015 14:45
- Hits: 1813
King George County secured another court date in the ongoing breach of contract dispute with Project Faith, Inc., over getting back a 5.53-acre parcel of donated land.
The court hearing will take place April 21 in Spotsylvania to enable the current judge to continue hearing the case. The official venue for the case remains the King George Circuit Court.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 March 2015 09:57
- Published on Tuesday, 17 March 2015 09:56
- Hits: 2192
History buffs and area residents recently gathered at Belle Grove Plantation on the banks of the Rappahannock River to celebrate the birth of James Madison - patriot, American revolutionary and father of the U.S. Constitution.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 11:28
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 10:53
- Hits: 1867
A good antidote to cabin fever
The 26th Annual King George Home and Craft Show drew large crowds this past weekend and allowed area residents and visitors and opportunity to escape the snow of the last four weeks and celebrate their community.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 10:37
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 10:37
- Hits: 2122
Wireless Authority update:
The King George Wireless Authority attempted to bring affordable wireless Internet service throughout the county, including less dense areas without access.
The effort failed, despite it being conducted strictly under state law and backed by county cash.
Last week, the King George Wireless Authority authorized a mutual release and settlement agreement with Virginia Broadband LLC, in accordance with the terms of a plan devised for the company by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia.