- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 15:10
- Published on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 14:39
- Hits: 6083
For the average citizen, observing economic development in King George is like watching a duck glide across the surface of Machodoc Creek.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 10:43
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 10:43
- Hits: 5762
The 2014 annual AARP Chapter 3195 picnic was moved inside the American Legion Post 89 Building this year because of rain. About 75 members and guests grouped around tables to hear the latest announcements and updates, September birthdays and anniversaries.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 08:43
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 08:44
- Hits: 1046
Project Faith, Inc., says it intends to request $300,000 from the county for expenses related to its still-undeveloped land off Route 3.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:35
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:35
- Hits: 1891
There was a time when the King George Board of Supervisors and King George School Board didn’t get along – at all.
That adversarial relationship between the boards was pretty traditional across the state due to laws providing autonomy for school board officials, while at the same time leaving them with a built-in reliance on local governing bodies for a huge chunk of their annual budget money.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:29
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:29
- Hits: 1844
The King George board of supervisors wants the planning commission to review the county’s ordinance regarding gas and oil drilling.
Supervisors want a report within nine months detailing recommendations and potential amendments to address and tighten up the comprehensive plan, along with recommendations for amending the zoning ordinance. An interim report is wanted at the four-month mark.