- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:35
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:35
- Hits: 1611
There was a time when the King George Board of Supervisors and King George School Board didn’t get along – at all.
That adversarial relationship between the boards was pretty traditional across the state due to laws providing autonomy for school board officials, while at the same time leaving them with a built-in reliance on local governing bodies for a huge chunk of their annual budget money.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:29
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:29
- Hits: 1440
The King George board of supervisors wants the planning commission to review the county’s ordinance regarding gas and oil drilling.
Supervisors want a report within nine months detailing recommendations and potential amendments to address and tighten up the comprehensive plan, along with recommendations for amending the zoning ordinance. An interim report is wanted at the four-month mark.
- Last Updated on Monday, 25 August 2014 09:15
- Published on Monday, 25 August 2014 09:12
- Hits: 1282
Two King George men – an uncle and his nephew -- were killed Aug. 22 when the van they were driving in struck a tree, state police said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:32
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:32
- Hits: 757
Gov. Terry McAuliffe will be in King George at 9 a.m. Aug. 22 to dedicate a new ‘canoe-in’ campground at Caledon State Park.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:13
- Hits: 868
The King George Board of Supervisors agreed Aug. 5 a resolution be changed so it can be sent to a regulatory advisory panel instead of directly to area state legislators, but with copies also going to the legislators to keep them informed of the county’s intentions.