- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:53
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:52
- Hits: 1478
On Friday May 30 over 60 children, their parents, grandparents and/or siblings came out for King George County Parks and Recreation’s 9th Annual “Catch A Fish Day”. This event is an opportunity for parents and children to spend quality time in a fun setting; and for youth participants a chance to fish and win prizes.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 00:57
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 00:57
- Hits: 1239
King George County recently filed its legal response to an amended counterclaim by Project Faith, Inc. Another court hearing, the case’s third, is expected to be set for later this summer for lawyers on both sides to argue their cases.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 00:55
- Hits: 1269
The Virginia Court of Appeals has overturned a King George Circuit Court jury’s five felony convictions of Robert Crouch for obtaining money by false pretenses and dismissed the charges against him. “Words cannot describe my profound disappointment in this decision,” said King George Commonwealth’s Attorney Keri Gusmann.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 10:05
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 10:05
- Hits: 1520
Various proposals for solving the state budget crisis and for urging local officials to act are appearing in letters and opinion pages across the state. The state has still not passed a budget for 2014-15, with the start of the fiscal year looming on July 1.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 10:01
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 10:01
- Hits: 1185
With the help of the King George Sheriff’s Office, two King George women have been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of a popular Spotsylvania nurse on May 17. One of the women arrested is the daughter of the victim.