- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:14
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:14
- Hits: 1788
Informational meetings scheduled - Dec. 11 in Bowling Green and Dec. 12 in Montross
There are two upcoming public informational meetings scheduled in this region on the topic of hydraulic fracturing – fracking – in December.
Fracking is a process whereby chemicals and water are forced deep into the ground to fracture the shale rock strata to release natural gas so it can be collected by drillers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:09
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:08
- Hits: 1215
The annual community event got off to a slow start this year, but momentum picked up as the packaging event on Sunday, Nov. 24 progressed.
Having only raised $3300 this year to purchase food stuffs for the meal packages, the event was over half the size of the 2012 event, and took half as long to finish. Over 75 people of all ages filled half of the gym at the King George Family YMCA as the small plastic bags were filled, weighed, sealed and boxed.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:33
- Published on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:33
- Hits: 2148
The King George County Board of Supervisors sponsored and enjoyed a locally-produced meal with Virginia Cooperative Extension & Tri-County/City Soil and Water Conservation District reps organized by Mike Broaddus, Agricultural and Natural Resources Agent for King George and Caroline counties.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:26
- Published on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:26
- Hits: 1766
A 22-year-old King George man is being held without bond in the Rappahannock Regional Jail charged with making a threat to detonate a bomb in the Spotsylvania Towne Centre Mall last August.