- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 08:58
- Published on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 08:58
- Hits: 662
The King George School Board has appointed Dashan Turner as the school division’s first director of administrative services.
The board took the action at its July 13 meeting.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 12:40
- Published on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 13:40
- Hits: 595
The King George Board of Supervisors amended the 2014-15 school board budget to reflect increased revenue of $115,343 and an additional $22,000 in federal grant funds.
The supervisors took the action at their June 30 meeting.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:46
- Published on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:46
- Hits: 974
King George school division Superintendent Rob Benson plans to hire a consultant to perform a student-transportation efficiency study.
He informed the school board in the end of May via email of his plan to improve on-time performance for school buses.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 09:57
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 09:57
- Hits: 2268
The King George School Board has approved a $35.1 million capital projects request sought by
School Superintendent Rob Benson.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:14
- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:08
- Hits: 3681
Student enrollment trend so far would lead to division receiving extra state cash
While Gov. Terry McAuliffe’s proposed education budget for 2015-16 kept state aid relatively flat, King George schools still may have received a holiday present.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:32
- Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:32
- Hits: 2183
KG needs to be more competitive with other divisions, officials say
The King George School Board discussed a new three-year proposal for adjustments to the teacher salary scale from Superintendent Rob Benson to make salaries more competitive with surrounding counties.
But school board members said at the Dec. 15 meeting they wanted higher pay sooner for teachers.
Mike Rose said salaries would be a “big focus” for them in the coming year.