- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:15
- Hits: 3223
The King George School Board discussed a proposed capital projects list as recommended by Superintendent Rob Benson at last week’s meeting on March 10 that contains eight projects and totals more than $15 million over the next five years, with three of the projects totaling $1,482,835 requested in 2014-15.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 January 2014 14:26
- Published on Tuesday, 21 January 2014 14:26
- Hits: 3580
Colonial Beach School Board held their organizational meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 15, at 5:30 p.m. Tim Trivett was re-elected chairman, Vicky Roberson vice chair and Tracey Tunstall remained School Board Clerk.
Wednesday’s meeting fell on the eve of the first day back to school for elementary students since Christmas break. The Jan. 5 fire at the old abandoned two-story building on the elementary campus delayed school by a week and a half, while school officials made arrangements to house K-5 students temporarily.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:39
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:39
- Hits: 6229
The King George School Board is mulling a proposal from a company that says it can save the division 20-30 percent annually on its utility costs, proposing a gross savings to the division of $4.5 million over the next 10 years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:35
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:35
- Hits: 2002
The King George School Board last week received a comprehensive annual report on the division Food Service program at its meeting on Oct. 28.
The review was provided by Anita Davis, who is in her second year as coordinator of the cafeteria program, which also entails managing the Cafeteria fund, a separate component of the School Board budget.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:56
- Published on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 00:52
- Hits: 5679
The King George School Board is once again talking about possible uses for the former middle school building. That topic was on the agenda as a discussion item at last week’s meeting on Sept. 9.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:26
- Hits: 4389
Standards of Learning (SOLs) pass rate scores were released late last month by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), but results are yet to be specifically explained for the King George division and all other school divisions across the state.