- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 09:15
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 09:15
- Hits: 2380
King George school division’s Superintendent Rob Benson advised the School Board at last week’s meeting on May 7 on various needs for the division for which they might spend some anticipated surplus funds prior to June 30.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 03 April 2014 00:38
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 00:38
- Hits: 3662
The King George School Board last week voted unanimously to forward a capital projects request to the county that contains 10 projects estimated at $14.9 million over the next five years. Four of the projects totaling $1.4 million are requested in the next fiscal year, 2014-15, which begins on July 1.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:15
- Hits: 2674
The King George School Board discussed a proposed capital projects list as recommended by Superintendent Rob Benson at last week’s meeting on March 10 that contains eight projects and totals more than $15 million over the next five years, with three of the projects totaling $1,482,835 requested in 2014-15.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 January 2014 14:26
- Published on Tuesday, 21 January 2014 14:26
- Hits: 3461
Colonial Beach School Board held their organizational meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 15, at 5:30 p.m. Tim Trivett was re-elected chairman, Vicky Roberson vice chair and Tracey Tunstall remained School Board Clerk.
Wednesday’s meeting fell on the eve of the first day back to school for elementary students since Christmas break. The Jan. 5 fire at the old abandoned two-story building on the elementary campus delayed school by a week and a half, while school officials made arrangements to house K-5 students temporarily.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:39
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:39
- Hits: 5918
The King George School Board is mulling a proposal from a company that says it can save the division 20-30 percent annually on its utility costs, proposing a gross savings to the division of $4.5 million over the next 10 years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:35
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:35
- Hits: 1902
The King George School Board last week received a comprehensive annual report on the division Food Service program at its meeting on Oct. 28.
The review was provided by Anita Davis, who is in her second year as coordinator of the cafeteria program, which also entails managing the Cafeteria fund, a separate component of the School Board budget.