- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 14:37
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:26
- Hits: 3198
The King George Wireless Authority heard from a couple of new residents asking for assistance in obtaining high speed broadband Internet service at their residence at a reasonable cost.
The comments were made at last week’s meeting during public comment time on June 25 by Rusty Huyck
- Last Updated on Saturday, 06 July 2013 11:25
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:24
- Hits: 1917
Support for project waning
Project FAITH executive director Froncé Wardlaw appeared last week at a meeting of the King George Board of Supervisors to report on a controversial proposed HELP Center project slated to be built on 5.5 acres of land provided free by the county in May 2012. That’s if she can get all footings poured by Aug. 1, as
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:13
- Published on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 11:12
- Hits: 2332
King George Supervisors last week on June 4 unanimously adopted a revised draft noise ordinance following a second public hearing with some new amendments.
The new ordinance was developed by county attorney Eric Gregory with lots of input from the Board of
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:10
- Published on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 11:06
- Hits: 1912
Waste Management District Manager Tom Cue provided information to King George Supervisors at last week’s meeting on June 4, indicating what the visual effect would be of a proposed vertical expansion of the landfill by allowing it to go 100 feet higher.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 15:54
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:54
- Hits: 3545
About 50 people were present at a public hearing in King George on May 21 to hear Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) Northern Neck Residency administrator David Brown provide an overview and slides on the 2014-19 Six Year Plan for secondary road improvements.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:12
- Published on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 23:10
- Hits: 1812
Following public hearings on both cases last week, the King George Board of Supervisors unanimously approved cases that will allow Terra Products LLC to establish its concrete product business in a vacant industrial building in Dogue, and for the keeping of horses as pets in some subdivisions with specific conditions. The actions were taken at the meeting on May 21.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:10
- Published on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 23:09
- Hits: 2027
King George Supervisors will hold another public hearing on a newly-revised draft noise ordinance at next week’s meeting on Tuesday, June 4.
At its last meeting on May 21, the board made some significant changes to the proposed ordinance that require it to be re-advertised with another hearing to be held.