- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 18:14
- Published on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 00:13
- Hits: 2356
The King George Board of Supervisors put off a decision on awarding a bid for construction of a park at Purkins Corner.
Other action at the March 5 meeting included officially naming the planned park “Shiloh Park” on a unanimous vote.
County Administrator Travis Quesenberry presented the bid news to Supervisors, along with the cost of additive items for five bid alternatives. Bids were due on Feb. 27. The amount earmarked in the capital fund
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 22:47
- Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 22:47
- Hits: 1882
King George County Administrator Travis Quesenberry will present the Board of Supervisors with more 2013-14 budget options this week at a work session scheduled on Thursday, March 7, at 5:30 p.m. in the board room of the Revercomb Administration building.
The board began its budget endeavors in earnest last week with work sessions on two days which brought them knee deep into proposed budget matters for the county and the Service Authority, which provides water and sewer service to selected areas.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 10:02
- Published on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 10:02
- Hits: 2671
Chairman Ike Hughes of the King George Electoral Board last week tried to persuade the King George Board of Supervisors to provide a 20 percent boost for the salary of Registrar Lorrie Gump.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 17:57
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 00:57
- Hits: 2787
The King George Board of Supervisors has fleshed out a portion of its budget process by setting some initial work session meetings, along with some other special meetings for additional county matters.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:55
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:55
- Hits: 2940
Two of Dahlgren Supervisor Ruby Brabo’s supporters publicly attempted to assist her at the last meeting to gain additional influence on the King George Board of Supervisors.
Warren Veazey and Sylvia Hudson appeared at the previous meeting of the board on Nov. 26 and asked during the public comment period that Brabo replace James Madison Supervisor Joe Grzeika on a community relations committee executive board (COMREL) established by the Naval base at Dahlgren.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:51
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:46
- Hits: 1741
Supervisors rescind adoption of 2001 board member manual
The King George Board of Supervisors voted to “un-adopt” a 2001 board member manual that had been adopted on Aug. 7 after falling by the wayside for a few years. That action took place last week at a special meeting on Nov. 26
- Last Updated on Saturday, 24 November 2012 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 00:00
- Hits: 3395
Dahlgren Road project:
While public opposition to the Dahlgren Road improvement project continues to grow, the previous unanimity on the issue by the Board of Supervisors could be disintegrating.