- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:51
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:46
- Hits: 1827
Supervisors rescind adoption of 2001 board member manual
The King George Board of Supervisors voted to “un-adopt” a 2001 board member manual that had been adopted on Aug. 7 after falling by the wayside for a few years. That action took place last week at a special meeting on Nov. 26
- Last Updated on Saturday, 24 November 2012 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 00:00
- Hits: 3514
Dahlgren Road project:
While public opposition to the Dahlgren Road improvement project continues to grow, the previous unanimity on the issue by the Board of Supervisors could be disintegrating.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 15:22
- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 12:46
- Hits: 2888
Preparation for a real estate reassessment by Blue Ridge Mass Appraisals of Staunton is getting underway in King George and will run through most of 2013.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:22
- Published on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:21
- Hits: 2245
An “official protest of impropriety” lodged with King George county administrator Travis Quesenberry and Registrar Lorrie Gump by James Monroe Supervisor John LoBuglio on Monday, Oct. 15, will not be pursued at law by interim county attorney Jeff Gore.
- Last Updated on Friday, 26 October 2012 15:57
- Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 14:03
- Hits: 1185
The King George Board of Supervisors welcomed Jeff Gore to his first meeting as interim county attorney earlier this month on Oct. 2. Gore and his firm, Hefty & Wiley, P.C. of Richmond are filling the vacancy in the position due to the resignation of Matt Britton, effective on Sept. 30.
- Last Updated on Friday, 26 October 2012 15:58
- Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 14:02
- Hits: 1045
King George County is projecting to have a surplus of over $2 million for 2011-12, which ended on June 30. Surprisingly, the School Board is also projected to have a surplus currently estimated at $408,289.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 October 2012 14:50
- Published on Wednesday, 10 October 2012 14:50
- Hits: 986
JLUS meeting this week
The King George Board of Supervisors met last week with the Planning Commission and received an overview of its proposed draft county Comprehensive Plan for land use from commission chairman Josh Colwell.
The joint meeting took place on Oct. 2 with all five Supervisors present and most of the ten commissioners in attendance. In addition to Colwell, other commissioners at the joint meeting were Tony Scaramozzi, Chris Cox, Bill Robie, William Eschmann, Tara Patterson, Jessica Herrink and Karla Frank.