- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:13
- Published on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 11:12
- Hits: 3701
King George Supervisors last week on June 4 unanimously adopted a revised draft noise ordinance following a second public hearing with some new amendments.
The new ordinance was developed by county attorney Eric Gregory with lots of input from the Board of
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:10
- Published on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 11:06
- Hits: 2555
Waste Management District Manager Tom Cue provided information to King George Supervisors at last week’s meeting on June 4, indicating what the visual effect would be of a proposed vertical expansion of the landfill by allowing it to go 100 feet higher.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 15:54
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:54
- Hits: 4464
About 50 people were present at a public hearing in King George on May 21 to hear Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) Northern Neck Residency administrator David Brown provide an overview and slides on the 2014-19 Six Year Plan for secondary road improvements.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:12
- Published on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 23:10
- Hits: 2447
Following public hearings on both cases last week, the King George Board of Supervisors unanimously approved cases that will allow Terra Products LLC to establish its concrete product business in a vacant industrial building in Dogue, and for the keeping of horses as pets in some subdivisions with specific conditions. The actions were taken at the meeting on May 21.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:10
- Published on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 23:09
- Hits: 2697
King George Supervisors will hold another public hearing on a newly-revised draft noise ordinance at next week’s meeting on Tuesday, June 4.
At its last meeting on May 21, the board made some significant changes to the proposed ordinance that require it to be re-advertised with another hearing to be held.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:46
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:43
- Hits: 2050
The King George Board of Supervisors heard good news at last week’s meeting on May 7 when reviewing monthly financial reports for 2012-13 provided by Donita Harper, Director of Finance and Deputy County Administrator.
The reports provided end-of-year projections for the out-months, with actual expenditures and revenues plugged in
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:40
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:40
- Hits: 1951
King George Board of Supervisors are expected to review and iron out changes to a proposed noise ordinance at next week’s meeting on Tuesday, May 21.
The proposed draft is currently being tweaked by County Attorney Eric Gregory at the board’s direction, and is the topic of legal communications with board members.