- Last Updated on Monday, 25 August 2014 09:15
- Published on Monday, 25 August 2014 09:12
- Hits: 723
Two King George men – an uncle and his nephew -- were killed Aug. 22 when the van they were driving in struck a tree, state police said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:32
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:32
- Hits: 490
Gov. Terry McAuliffe will be in King George at 9 a.m. Aug. 22 to dedicate a new ‘canoe-in’ campground at Caledon State Park.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:13
- Hits: 612
The King George Board of Supervisors agreed Aug. 5 a resolution be changed so it can be sent to a regulatory advisory panel instead of directly to area state legislators, but with copies also going to the legislators to keep them informed of the county’s intentions.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 12:08
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:12
- Hits: 1117
In April during a family visit, Leslie Nay noticed her little grandson was covered with bruises.
Nay, who lives in King George, reported the child’s injuries to the Department of Social Services, which began an investigation.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:20
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:20
- Hits: 701
The Board of Supervisors is slated to discuss county zoning ordinances in regard to fracking.
Fracking refers to the process whereby chemicals and water, or possibly nitrogen, are forced deep into the ground to fracture the shale rock strata as a means of releasing natural gas to be mined.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:43
- Hits: 739
Board to request state fracking legislation requiring environmental review prior to exploratory drilling for gas
The King George Board of Supervisors directed that a resolution be prepared for its review and approval that would ask state legislators to consider amending an existing law that would require an in-depth report on environmental and related matters by the state prior to any fracking activity in the Tidewater area.
- Last Updated on Monday, 21 July 2014 12:09
- Published on Monday, 21 July 2014 12:09
- Hits: 1042
Dominion Virginia Power to Upgrade Electrical
Facilities in Dahlgren Area of King George County
Dominion Virginia Power will be doing work to improve electric service in the Dahlgren area
of King George County. To complete the work safely and expeditiously, a planned outage will
occur from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 26.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 00:55
- Hits: 651
The King George Service Authority’s most recent financial report last month indicated it would end the year with a sizeable surplus, estimated at $172,998.
Those year-end figures for 2013-14 will be finalized following an annual audit to be performed this fall and released later this calendar year.