- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 January 2016 15:43
- Published on Tuesday, 26 January 2016 15:43
- Hits: 2258
More stores and services are coming to King George Conty, with site plats and plans approved last week for a hotel, restaurant and more retail stores for Dahlgren as part of the King George Gateway Shopping Center commercial development.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 11:37
- Published on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 11:37
- Hits: 6097
Tractor Supply Company is threatening to cancel its planned construction of a store at Route 3 and US 301, east of Sheetz, unless King George agrees to construct a water line to the property.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 09:54
- Published on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 09:48
- Hits: 3017
The New Year is bringing a Starbucks to King George County. The new coffeehouse with a drive through will open in March at the King George Gateway shopping center off U.S. 301 in Dahlgren.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 December 2015 09:29
- Published on Tuesday, 22 December 2015 09:29
- Hits: 5836
Young residents of the Hopyard Farm community bundled up Friday evening and hit the streets to spread a little Yultetide cheer. The carolers visited homes to perform a vareity fo traditional Christmas carrols.
Photo by Phyllis Cook
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 December 2015 09:27
- Published on Tuesday, 22 December 2015 09:27
- Hits: 1231
The fourth annual Shop With the Sheriff organized by the King George Sheriff’s Office and the King George Family YMCA to help provide Christmas for disadvantaged children was a success for 2015.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 December 2015 10:16
- Published on Tuesday, 15 December 2015 10:15
- Hits: 4596
Philip Lehman shows off the official ornament he crafted for King George County to submit for hanging on the official Christmas tree in the governor’s mansion in Richmond.
Photo by George Whitehurst
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 December 2015 10:11
- Published on Tuesday, 15 December 2015 10:11
- Hits: 1341
In addition to the King George County Board of Supervisors, the county’s planning commission has sent a list of comments on changes being considered by the Virginia Department of Mines Minerals & Energy for oil and gas drilling, or fracking, in this part of the Commonwealth, known in state code and regulations as the “Tidewater.”
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 11:26
- Published on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 11:26
- Hits: 1829
The second annual Winter Festival was deemed a success with several hundred people gathering at the King George courthouse, museum and Revercomb Building for a community celebration on Dec. 6, with the seasonal event featuring fun for all ages both inside and out.