- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:27
- Hits: 4227
The night before my mother had a cerebral hemorrhage from which she never recovered we talked about how to deal with the impending bankruptcy by King George Medical Center which operated the Gateway Urgent Care.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:30
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 00:30
- Hits: 1434
Up to additional 30K tons allowable by year’s end
The King George Board of Supervisors has approved an amendment to the county’s landfill agreement with Waste Management that will allow the company to bring in up to an additional 30,000 tons of trash by the end of this month.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 05:38
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 05:38
- Hits: 2395
The King George Sheriff’s Office is preparing for its 2nd Annual ‘Shop with a Sheriff’ event, partnering again with the King George YMCA and the King George Walmart for the event which provides gifts and happiness to disadvantaged children.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:47
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:47
- Hits: 1861
Blue Ridge Mass Appraisal provided King George officials with a written summary of findings from its recently completed real estate assessment. The assessments will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2014.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:14
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:14
- Hits: 1949
Informational meetings scheduled - Dec. 11 in Bowling Green and Dec. 12 in Montross
There are two upcoming public informational meetings scheduled in this region on the topic of hydraulic fracturing – fracking – in December.
Fracking is a process whereby chemicals and water are forced deep into the ground to fracture the shale rock strata to release natural gas so it can be collected by drillers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:09
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:08
- Hits: 1366
The annual community event got off to a slow start this year, but momentum picked up as the packaging event on Sunday, Nov. 24 progressed.
Having only raised $3300 this year to purchase food stuffs for the meal packages, the event was over half the size of the 2012 event, and took half as long to finish. Over 75 people of all ages filled half of the gym at the King George Family YMCA as the small plastic bags were filled, weighed, sealed and boxed.