- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:00
- Hits: 2559
Who altered a Rappahannock Community College letter expressing support for the HELP Center project proposed for King George County?
What does the discovery of the altered letter mean for the future of the proposed $8.4 million project?
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 15:56
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 08:55
- Hits: 2920
The King George County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a Friday night shooting at the Presidential Village townhouse development. Deputies responding to an emergency call at a townhouse on Inaugural Drive found a 37-year-old King George man suffering from a gunshot wound.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 10:57
- Hits: 2378
Margaret Ransone, the Westmoreland County businesswoman and mother of two who ran a successful come-from-behind campaign to win election to the Virginia House of Delegates in 2011, has announced for reelection. Ransone is a Republican.
Ransone and dozens of supporters gathered in the rain on the steps of the Westmoreland County Courthouse Saturday to celebrate her first term accomplishments and her goals for a second term as the area’s 99th District delegate.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 00:05
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:05
- Hits: 2003
A project for Dahlgren Road (Route 206) improvements at its intersection with Owens Drive (Route 624) and Windsor Drive (Route 218) has been approved for $4.2 million in funding. The project is slated to be advertised for construction later this fall.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:03
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:02
- Hits: 2180
Cub Scout Pack 191 held a rocket launch Saturday, April 13, at Larry Carr’s farm. The boys each made a rocket from kits donated by Mr. Pete Adams, and Pete provided the motors and launch pads at the event. Each scout was able to launch his rocket twice.
Submitted by David Smith
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:15
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:15
- Hits: 3037
The King George County Sheriff’s Office is seeking two men who robbed The Last Chance Tobacco Store in Dahlgren of several thousand dollars in cash and cigarettes last week. The suspects fled the scene in a white or silver Chevrolet Spark.
According to a clerk at the store, who asked not to be identified, two males entered the small store at 4863 James
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:25
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:25
- Hits: 2198
It’s ping pong on steroids, with the benefits of physical fitness, and an addictive fun aspect. Welcome to the world of Pickleball, the newest recreational sensation for youths to seniors that will have your body feeling vibrant and rejuvenated.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 17:16
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 17:16
- Hits: 2549