- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:07
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:44
- Hits: 1702
An extensive renovation now underway at the King George Courthouse is expected to be completed soon. Officials believe it will solve many, but not all, of the security concerns that have worried county law enforcement officers for the past two decades.
“This is an important security upgrade,” said King George Circuit Court Clerk Vic Mason. “But there is more to
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:42
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:39
- Hits: 1530
County schools, in partnership with Special Olympics, last Friday held its “Little Feet Meet” at Hunter Field.
That was a culminating event for the division’s youngest students to celebrate the finish of their weekly fitness class, which was initiated earlier this school year.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:36
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:36
- Hits: 1437
Faddis Concrete Products looking to expand in Industrial Park
Faddis Concrete Products is planning to expand its operations located in the King George Industrial Park. That’s the news from last week’s meeting of the King George Economic Development Authority (EDA) on May 2.
The plan to enlarge operations by Faddis was disclosed following a closed session by the EDA to discuss
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:04
- Hits: 2092
School Board chairman John Davis and Superintendent Rob Benson presented the King George County Schools Teacher of the Year Award to Kathleen Howard. Kathleen is a math resource specialist at Potomac Elementary School.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 15:14
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:14
- Hits: 1790
KING GEORGE, VA – April 30th, 2012 – The King George Republican Party recently voted at its last scheduled meeting to endorse Rich Lorey for the Monroe District Board of Supervisors seat in keeping with the local parties’ fresh resolve to “do more with less.”
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 16:06
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:06
- Hits: 1834
The King George Board of Supervisors adopted its previously-proposed 2013-14 budget with no fanfare at a short special meeting last week on April 23. All members were present, and the vote was unanimous.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 12:14
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 00:23
- Hits: 2289
The King George County Sheriff’s Office has warned county residents to remember to lock their vehicles and remove all valuables from them when they park them at night. The warning comes after a rash of thefts from cars parked in the Presidential Lakes Subdivision across from the Post Office on Route 3.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 16:41
- Published on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 16:41
- Hits: 2022
On April 15, Michele Tritt accomplished her dream of a lifetime. In spite of the bombing tragedy that will forever be embedded in the memories of Americans, the King George native, and current Kailua, HI, resident finished the 117th running of the Boston Marathon in three hours, 39 minutes, and 13 seconds—40 minutes before the bombing incident took place. Her personal goal was to finish the race with a time of 3:40.