- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:48
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:48
- Hits: 1862
Linwood Thomas was recently welcomed to King George as the county’s new Director of Economic Development. He took over the position on Sept. 30, to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of Nicole Thompson, which was effective at the end of July.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 October 2013 18:34
- Published on Tuesday, 15 October 2013 18:34
- Hits: 1706
The Herrink family built the Gateway Urgent Care building specifically to house an urgent care and medical offices. It was built to the specifications of the tenant, King George Medical Center, Ltd.
We learned last week that the urgent care would be closing on Oct. 18 when the company notified the King George Board of Supervisors in a letter.
We were aware that Dantra Healthcare, Inc. intended to file for bankruptcy and had already started, before the bankruptcy filing, the process of trying to find another urgent care operation to take over the facility, after notifying the bank which holds the loan.
Since the bankruptcy filing and the news that the current tenant will be closing at the end of this week, the search process has taken on a new urgency.
Despite the death of Ruth Herrink, who was instrumental in constructing the building, the Herrink family has been in discussions with companies interested in stepping in to continue to provide urgent care in King George and the surrounding area.
— Jessica Herrink
- Last Updated on Thursday, 10 October 2013 14:37
- Published on Thursday, 10 October 2013 14:37
- Hits: 1959
Breach of contract cited, fraud and misrepresentation alleged
King George County this week filed a lawsuit to get back a 5.53-acre parcel of land given to Project FAITH, Inc., in 2012 that asks the Circuit Court to rescind the Deed of Gift and Performance Agreement, “as though the subject deed and agreement never existed.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:20
- Hits: 1898
At the Masonic Lodge #314, Inasmuch volunteers constructed a covered entrance to the building as part of a county-wide day of service and compassion Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:19
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:19
- Hits: 1685
The King George Board of Supervisors was provided a substantial report on the King George Family YMCA that opened in the county five years ago.
The report to the community was provided at the Oct. 1 meeting of the Board of Supervisors by Elizabeth Clark, executive director of the King George Family YMCA since it opened, with help from a couple of her board members, David Clare and Jim Howard, giving details about YMCA programs.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:11
- Hits: 1341
Tax holiday this weekend, Oct. 11-14
Virginia’s seventh annual Energy Star and WaterSense Sales Tax Holiday returns this Friday, Oct. 11, and lasts through Monday, Oct. 14 for the entire Columbus Day Holiday weekend.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:07
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:07
- Hits: 1329
A proposed lease for Hunter Field and the gym at old King George Elementary School could be one of the topics at an upcoming joint meeting proposed to take place between the King George Board of Supervisors and the county School Board. No date has been set yet.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:48
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:48
- Hits: 1893
Absentee voting available now for Nov. 5 election
Those who wish to register to vote in the Nov. 5 election have less than two weeks to do so, with the voter registration deadline coming up on Oct. 15, to register or to update registration information.