- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:29
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:29
- Hits: 2229
King George is in receipt of six bids for renovations of an existing building and various site improvements at a county-owned property on US 301 that was known as the “auto auction property.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 09:51
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 09:51
- Hits: 2251
HELP Center deadline passes without start of construction
Project FAITH received a Notice of Default from King George last Friday.
The Aug. 2 letter was sent by King George county attorney Eric Gregory to put Project FAITH on notice that it failed to comply with the terms of the Deed of Gift and the Performance agreement, as amended, regarding commencement of construction of a proposed HELP Center.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 00:40
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 00:39
- Hits: 2650
Robert Ray Crouch — sentenced to five years in prison, fined $35,000 and ordered to pay more than $84,000 in restitution for defrauding customers of the former Meadow-Brooke Memorial Gardens cemetery in King George — has filed a notice of appeal and is seeking to overturn his convictions.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 11:12
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 00:11
- Hits: 2858
When a class of high school students visited King George Circuit Court earlier this year to view the legal proceedings, 17-year-old Katie Barnum was asked what she learned during her day in court. Her response was, “Don’t steal from Walmart.”
That would appear to be good advice. According to King George Commonwealth’s Attorney Keri Gusmann, since the first of the year 27 people have been convicted in King George in connection with thefts at the
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:26
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:25
- Hits: 2048
When Mary Moore and her partners opened the specialty store in Dahlgren on July 23 of last year, she envisioned appealing to clientele who were looking for something more than the same-old-same-old items found in most gift shops. Her store, Ribbons & Bow Ties, offers specialty items for gift giving, as well as
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:27
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:20
- Hits: 2692
In response to community concerns about the viability of the proposed HELP Center project, the center’s organizers held an “open community forum” last Thursday at the University of Mary Washington campus in Dahlgren.
Unfortunately, the event appeared to be one step forward and one step back in the effort to build a $8.4 million facility where multiple service agencies serving at risk individuals could be housed under one roof.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:17
- Hits: 2670
The King George County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a Spotsylvania man in connection with a double shooting at the China Garden Restaurant in Dahlgren on March 9 that wounded two King George men.