- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 10:00
- Published on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 10:00
- Hits: 1825
King George Supervisors last week approved an extension request by Froncé Wardlaw on behalf of Project FAITH’s proposed HELP Center on a split vote, 3-2.
At last week’s meeting on Feb. 19, Cedell Brooks, Ruby Brabo and John LoBuglio voted in favor of granting an extension for commencement of construction to Aug. 1, with Chairman Dale Sisson and Joe Grzeika voting against any extension.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:24
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:23
- Hits: 2140
Two new All Terrain Vehicles have been received by the King George County Sheriff’s Department courtesy of the King George Department of Fire and Rescue. “We are very thankful for their help,” said King George Sheriff Steve Dempsey.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:13
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:13
- Hits: 2146
At a meeting on Feb. 5, Supervisors were told by Blue Ridge Mass Appraisal Field Supervisor Jonathan Larsen that at that point, 5,028 properties in the county had been visited, with about 7,900 left to go. He said this phase of the project is to make sure the physical data they have on each property is correct, such as number of bedrooms, bathrooms, size of garage, etc.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:28
- Published on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:28
- Hits: 2127
The students of Peace Christian Preschool recently visited King George Fire and Rescue where they learned about fire safety, saw a firefighter in full gear, toured the trucks and met Sparkie, the Fire Dog. Pictured is the Tuesday/Thursday class along with Sparky. Peace is currently enrolling for Fall 2013 classes.
Photo submitted by Connie Tanner
- Last Updated on Thursday, 14 February 2013 11:58
- Published on Thursday, 14 February 2013 11:58
- Hits: 2847
- Public, volunteer, and staff safety is the top priority -
King George Department of Fire, Rescue & Emergency Services continues to improve the services that it provides to the citizens and businesses of King George County. The Department is implementing recommended best practices and procedures, based upon the Report of Findings and Recommendations: King George County Fire & EMS Study, conducted by the Virginia Fire Services Board and issued in November 2011, to provide for the public safety, and the safety of its volunteers and staff.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 16:24
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 00:23
- Hits: 1760
The first rule of pickleball is that it has nothing to do with pickles. But its funny name hasn’t stopped it from becoming one of the fastest growing sports in America and now at the King George Family YMCA.
Pickleball is a combination of tennis, Ping-Pong and badminton. Players use oversize Ping-Pong paddles to hit the wiffle-like ball over the net
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 18:21
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 00:20
- Hits: 2085
Superintendent Rob Benson this week proposed some cuts to the current working draft budget request of $36,963,780 for 2013-14, resulting in a decrease of over half a million dollars.
That took place at a meeting on Monday, Feb. 11.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 18:18
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 00:18
- Hits: 1529
King George Supervisors are expected to approve an extension requested by Froncé Wardlaw on behalf of Project FAITH’s proposed HELP Center at an upcoming meeting.
At last week’s meeting on Feb. 5, Cedell Brooks, Ruby Brabo and John LoBuglio stated they were in favor of granting the extension, with Dale Sisson and Joe Grzeika saying they had reservations. That was the same