- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:30
- Published on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:30
- Hits: 1596
The King George Planning Commission tentatively agreed last week to send a report to the county Board of Supervisors advising deletion of all existing provisions referencing exploratory drilling for oil and/or natural gas in the county ordinance.
Deletion of those references would have the effect of prohibiting fracking.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:45
- Published on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:36
- Hits: 1782
More than 600 attend; event ‘a great success’
More than 600 people participated Nov. 8 in the 2nd Annual King George Family Fun Day at the King George Community Center.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:19
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:19
- Hits: 1825
The chilly weather and slight drizzle didn’t deter the droves of attendees at the Nov. 1 Caledon Art & Wine Festival. They enjoyed sampling wines and barbecue and other specialty foods, as well as seeing what the area’s finest artisans had to offer.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:44
- Published on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:44
- Hits: 2505
This past Saturday, Oct. 25, was National Make a Difference Day, a day when volunteers from across the nation devote time to helping others.
It also was a day for Kenley Gill to shine.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:32
- Published on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:41
- Hits: 1494
Attorney says group will give land back for that amount
Project Faith Inc., wants $300,000, or “any reasonable settlement offer,” from the King George Board of Supervisors to give the county back a parcel of land donated in mid-2012.
That’s according to attorney Peter Basanti, who represented Project Faith at an Oct. 21 meeting with the county’s supervisors.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:33
- Hits: 1886
Call it the great debt debate.
No one disputes King George has about $91.3 million in capital debt; the question is whether that’s a problem or not.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:29
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:29
- Hits: 1034
The Hanover-with-Brunswick Episcopal Parish celebrated its 300th anniversary with a celebration Oct. 18 at Belle Grove Plantation on the Rappahannock River in King George and an open house of the nearby Emmanuel Church.
The parishioners, area residents and tourists from as far away as Maryland were given guided tours of Emmanuel Church, which was constructed in 1859, and then enjoyed a wine tasting and concert at Belle Grove.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 13:04
- Published on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 10:14
- Hits: 1547
The gray sky set the perfect contrast to the bright fall colors of the 56th annual King George Fall Festival.
Numerous spectators lined the street of downtown King George Oct. 11 with festive anticipation.