- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:47
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:47
- Hits: 2128
Blue Ridge Mass Appraisal provided King George officials with a written summary of findings from its recently completed real estate assessment. The assessments will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2014.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:14
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:14
- Hits: 2219
Informational meetings scheduled - Dec. 11 in Bowling Green and Dec. 12 in Montross
There are two upcoming public informational meetings scheduled in this region on the topic of hydraulic fracturing – fracking – in December.
Fracking is a process whereby chemicals and water are forced deep into the ground to fracture the shale rock strata to release natural gas so it can be collected by drillers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:09
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:08
- Hits: 1646
The annual community event got off to a slow start this year, but momentum picked up as the packaging event on Sunday, Nov. 24 progressed.
Having only raised $3300 this year to purchase food stuffs for the meal packages, the event was over half the size of the 2012 event, and took half as long to finish. Over 75 people of all ages filled half of the gym at the King George Family YMCA as the small plastic bags were filled, weighed, sealed and boxed.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:33
- Published on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:33
- Hits: 2666
The King George County Board of Supervisors sponsored and enjoyed a locally-produced meal with Virginia Cooperative Extension & Tri-County/City Soil and Water Conservation District reps organized by Mike Broaddus, Agricultural and Natural Resources Agent for King George and Caroline counties.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:26
- Published on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:26
- Hits: 2235
A 22-year-old King George man is being held without bond in the Rappahannock Regional Jail charged with making a threat to detonate a bomb in the Spotsylvania Towne Centre Mall last August.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:58
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:58
- Hits: 3149
Blue Ridge Mass Appraisal is in the process of meeting with landowners who wish to discuss their new assessments, with notices mailed out on Nov. 1. Blue Ridge will now be taking appointments through Monday, Nov. 18.