- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:48
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:48
- Hits: 2265
Canine officers Patrick Weston and Gary Craig and their police dogs, Titan and Kilo, are helping lead the fight against crime in King George County. But the two deputy sheriffs and their crime busting K-9 companions speak a different language.
- Last Updated on Friday, 12 April 2013 12:30
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:41
- Hits: 2984
Editor's Note: Kim Taylor, who some readers may know as the nice lady who sells candles at the King George Home & Craft Show, is not the mother referred to in the article. Kim is her first name, and not a nickname.
Kimberly Taylor, who didn’t return home for a week after she left her children and went to a party at Lake of the Woods, has entered a plea of guilty to one count of felony child endangerment. Judge J. Martin Bass sentenced her to five years in prison, but suspended all but nine months.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:51
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:51
- Hits: 2401
DECA at King George High School (KGHS) showed off their marketing expertise – Thriving and Diving Deeper for DECA Gold at the State Leadership Conference in Virginia Beach, Virginia earlier this month, March 1-3. Fifty King George High School DECA Chapter members competed in 31 difference event areas. These outstanding students received the
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:44
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:44
- Hits: 1411
County businesses will be celebrated this spring at an appr-eciation night sponsored by the Board of Supervisors and the county Economic Development Authority (EDA). The event will take place on Wednesday, May 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Hopyard Farm subdivision clubhouse.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:39
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:39
- Hits: 2423
Current rate structure to be maintained
The King George Service Authority held several budget work sessions in February and March, with tentative agreement on a proposed budget and a 5 percent rate hike proposed to take effect with the July billing.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 19:58
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:58
- Hits: 2132
Including constitutional employees & registrar
The King George Board of Supervisors held a final of four budget sessions this week on Monday, March 25, and had consensus to provide one percent pay increases across the board to county employees, including those who are under the Constitutional officers and all those in the Registrar’s office.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 11:42
- Published on Friday, 22 March 2013 16:50
- Hits: 3109
A King George County Circuit Court jury has convicted Robert Ray Crouch of 14 felonies in connection with charges that the troubled and controversial cemetery operator defrauded customers of the former Meadow-Brooke Memorial Gardens in King George.
After a two-day trial before Circuit Judge J. Martin Bass, the jury convicted Crouch of 14 counts of failure to deposit funds in the proper trust account and five counts of obtaining money by false pretenses. The nine women and three men on the jury took just two hours to reach a verdict.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 11:56
- Published on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 11:56
- Hits: 2335
Battelle Memorial Institute, an Ohio-based nonprofit research-and-development laboratory, is pleased to award a $5,000 grant to support mathematics, science, and the CyberPatriot Club at King George High School and $2,200 to two King George 4-H Clubs who compete in FIRST ® (Foundation for Inspiration and