- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 18:21
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 00:20
- Hits: 2218
Superintendent Rob Benson this week proposed some cuts to the current working draft budget request of $36,963,780 for 2013-14, resulting in a decrease of over half a million dollars.
That took place at a meeting on Monday, Feb. 11.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 18:18
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 00:18
- Hits: 1646
King George Supervisors are expected to approve an extension requested by Froncé Wardlaw on behalf of Project FAITH’s proposed HELP Center at an upcoming meeting.
At last week’s meeting on Feb. 5, Cedell Brooks, Ruby Brabo and John LoBuglio stated they were in favor of granting the extension, with Dale Sisson and Joe Grzeika saying they had reservations. That was the same
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:28
- Hits: 2333
Ms. Conway’s second grade class at Potomac Elementary School was recognized at the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration on Jan. 21 at King George Middle School. The students wrote an essay entitled “My Part in the Dream - What Can I Do to Improve My Community.” Makayla Scott won first place and Brooke Breneman won second place for the county.
Submitted by Katina Conway
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 13:02
- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:26
- Hits: 3299
These days Chief David Moody is between a rock and a hard place. The rock is county and state officials demanding tougher standards and more accountability for volunteers serving the King George Fire and Rescue Department. The hard place is the determination and anger of more than a dozen hard-working volunteers who have been dismissed in spite of serving the county for decades.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 17:58
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 17:55
- Hits: 3594
The Board of Supervisors received clarification it had requested on a proposal by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to add flashing beacons at or near the Owens intersection on Dahlgren Road (Route 206) as part of the planned project to add turn lanes.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 17:52
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 17:52
- Hits: 2535
Pick-for-Pay program to begin March 1
Waste Management District Manager Tom Cue announced to King George Supervisors at their Jan. 15 meeting that he was beginning to look into the potential for expansion of the landfill, saying it could add years to the life of the landfill and keep landfill revenue rolling into the county longer.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:57
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:02
- Hits: 3315
Bald Eagle #12-2554 is actually a pretty lucky fellow. When he came crashing down into the yard of a King George home along U.S. 301 on Nov. 11, it could have been a life ending experience. Almost half of the bald eagles who are injured in this manner do not survive.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 January 2013 14:58
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 00:58
- Hits: 2355
Agreement for construction of gas line one step closer
This week the King George Board of Supervisors will get a preview of a new website soon to be launched to promote economic development for the county.
County Director of Economic Development Nicole Thompson is slated to provide an overview at this week’s meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 15 (following our press time).