- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 13:02
- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:26
- Hits: 3451
These days Chief David Moody is between a rock and a hard place. The rock is county and state officials demanding tougher standards and more accountability for volunteers serving the King George Fire and Rescue Department. The hard place is the determination and anger of more than a dozen hard-working volunteers who have been dismissed in spite of serving the county for decades.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 17:58
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 17:55
- Hits: 3655
The Board of Supervisors received clarification it had requested on a proposal by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to add flashing beacons at or near the Owens intersection on Dahlgren Road (Route 206) as part of the planned project to add turn lanes.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 17:52
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 17:52
- Hits: 2652
Pick-for-Pay program to begin March 1
Waste Management District Manager Tom Cue announced to King George Supervisors at their Jan. 15 meeting that he was beginning to look into the potential for expansion of the landfill, saying it could add years to the life of the landfill and keep landfill revenue rolling into the county longer.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:57
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:02
- Hits: 3375
Bald Eagle #12-2554 is actually a pretty lucky fellow. When he came crashing down into the yard of a King George home along U.S. 301 on Nov. 11, it could have been a life ending experience. Almost half of the bald eagles who are injured in this manner do not survive.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 January 2013 14:58
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 00:58
- Hits: 2402
Agreement for construction of gas line one step closer
This week the King George Board of Supervisors will get a preview of a new website soon to be launched to promote economic development for the county.
County Director of Economic Development Nicole Thompson is slated to provide an overview at this week’s meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 15 (following our press time).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 14:00
- Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 00:58
- Hits: 2778
John Davis was elected as chairman of the King George School Board for 2013.
The short organizational meeting where the action took place was last week on Wednesday, Jan. 2. Kristin Tolliver was voted vice chairman, with both elected unanimously.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:31
- Published on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:31
- Hits: 3262
The members of the Ralph Bunche advisory committee, established by the Board of Supervisors last August 2012, each have a homework assignment due at next week’s monthly meeting on Monday, Jan. 7.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:46
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 12:11
- Hits: 2541
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reiterated some of its numerous promises made by the agency last month regarding changes it plans to make to the Dahlgren Road (Route 206) intersection at Owens Road (Route 624) and Windsor Drive (Route 218).