- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 10:03
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 10:03
- Hits: 2077
A popular blind King George musician died in a Saturday fire at his trailer home on Pumpkin Neck Road. The trailer was already enveloped in flames when the first units of the King George Fire and Rescue Services arrived on the scene just off State Route 218.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 11:12
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 11:06
- Hits: 4839
The King George Board of Supervisors heard a report from an Insurance Services Office (ISO) representative on Feb.18, who provided information about the results of the rating process for the county that was performed over a 10-month period last year.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 11:10
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 11:00
- Hits: 1418
The Journal asked King George Fire & Rescue Chief David Moody what’s changed since the last ISO survey was conducted in 2002 that provided improvement in the county’s classifications for fire department supply and protection.
This is what he told us:
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 10:40
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 10:30
- Hits: 1486
Builder Tommy Burrell, Sr. (left), T. C. (Terry) Collins and Westbrooke Homes’ Allen West take a break for lunch in the cafeteria at King George High School Saturday afternoon at the King George Home & Craft Show. Lori Deem of The Journal (standing) talks to Julia Snow (right).
The Ruritans served hot dogs, barbecue, spaghetti and meatloaf with mashed potatoes. All good! See more photos from the show in our special Home Show Review section here.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:51
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:51
- Hits: 1905
MARCH 25 AT UMW-DAHLGREN
On March 25, King George County will host its first public forum on a Joint Land Use Study (JLUS) underway for the communities around the Naval Support Facility Dahlgren.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:52
- Hits: 1842
For the fifth time, runners gathered at the Bloomsbury Road trail head for the half-marathon on the DRHT. A record 144 runners completed the course, which ran a little over six and a half miles down the trail, and then back.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:55
- Published on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:55
- Hits: 1757
Governor McAuliffe cites Virginia as 3rd in nation on AP tests
The King George school division was recognized by the College Board last week as being one of only six public school divisions in Virginia that made the College Board’s 2014 AP Honor Roll for raising achievement on Advanced Placement (AP) examinations while increasing access to the courses.