- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:47
- Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:37
- Hits: 1341
The annual Holly Jolly Market brought friends and neighbors out to shop locally for unique Christmas gifts, farm produce and baked goods, while throwing in some holiday camaraderie for free.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:08
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:08
- Hits: 1685
Collect, distribute food locally
On Nov. 23, FFA advisor and King George High School agriculture and horticulture teacher Stan Mitchell and members of the FFA organized, packed and delivered 30 turkey food packages to fellow students and families in need throughout the King George community.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:04
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:04
- Hits: 1321
The King George Board of Supervisors is expected to OK Commercial Metals Company’s plan to invest $12 million to relocate and expand its manufacturing operations in a 75,000-square-foot facility on 30 acres of land in the industrial park.
- Last Updated on Monday, 24 November 2014 15:11
- Published on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 12:09
- Hits: 1142
Christmas shoppers and visitors from throughout the area mingled with local artists and crafters Nov. 22-23 at the annual King George Craft Fair.
In addition to music and shopping, there was plenty of good food.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:33
- Published on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:33
- Hits: 1880
Local organizations step up to fill Thanksgiving meal void left by Social Services
There were two large-scale efforts in King George in the last week to help those in need receive a traditional Thanksgiving meal.
After the King George Social Services Department said it would be unable to provide its traditional Thanksgiving basket program, county residents stepped up to help some of the 500-plus families who would not receive a basket.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:30
- Published on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:30
- Hits: 1266
The King George Planning Commission tentatively agreed last week to send a report to the county Board of Supervisors advising deletion of all existing provisions referencing exploratory drilling for oil and/or natural gas in the county ordinance.
Deletion of those references would have the effect of prohibiting fracking.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:45
- Published on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:36
- Hits: 1187
More than 600 attend; event ‘a great success’
More than 600 people participated Nov. 8 in the 2nd Annual King George Family Fun Day at the King George Community Center.