- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:54
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:54
- Hits: 1107
As of July 1, Virginia law requires all voters to provide an acceptable form of photo identification (ID) at the polls in order to vote.
Virginia’s new photo ID requirements also apply to absentee voters who vote in-person in elections ahead of Election Day.
The requirement is a result of a new law that was enacted by the state’s General Assembly over a year ago and signed into law by former Governor Bob McDonnell.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:21
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:21
- Hits: 1376
A joint preliminary hearing in King George Circuit Court last week resulted in charges of murder, attempted murder, and the use of a firearm during the commission of a felony going to a grand jury against Tennage Michel Shanks of King George and Anthony William Goodman of Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 09:57
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 09:57
- Hits: 1011
At a small ceremony Monday, June 23, Thomas Cue of Waste Management and his managerial staff received the Virginia Environmental Excellence Program award from the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality. Accepting the award were Luke Ohler of Waste Management, and county employees, Bridgid Maciejewski and Jeff Jenkins.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 09:11
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 09:11
- Hits: 1062
As the Virginia General Assembly and Gov. Terry McAuliffe struggle with a months-long budget stalemate, no one is watching more closely than King George Circuit Court Clerk Vic Mason and his colleagues across the 15th Judicial Circuit.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:59
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:59
- Hits: 1170
The King George Board of Supervisors will hold a fracking information session for the community this week on June 12, 7-9 p.m., at King George High School.
The information session will be a town hall-style meeting beginning with presentations and ending with questions submitted from the audience.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:53
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:52
- Hits: 1335
On Friday May 30 over 60 children, their parents, grandparents and/or siblings came out for King George County Parks and Recreation’s 9th Annual “Catch A Fish Day”. This event is an opportunity for parents and children to spend quality time in a fun setting; and for youth participants a chance to fish and win prizes.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 00:57
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 00:57
- Hits: 1079
King George County recently filed its legal response to an amended counterclaim by Project Faith, Inc. Another court hearing, the case’s third, is expected to be set for later this summer for lawyers on both sides to argue their cases.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 00:55
- Hits: 945
The Virginia Court of Appeals has overturned a King George Circuit Court jury’s five felony convictions of Robert Crouch for obtaining money by false pretenses and dismissed the charges against him. “Words cannot describe my profound disappointment in this decision,” said King George Commonwealth’s Attorney Keri Gusmann.