- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 12:08
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:12
- Hits: 1670
In April during a family visit, Leslie Nay noticed her little grandson was covered with bruises.
Nay, who lives in King George, reported the child’s injuries to the Department of Social Services, which began an investigation.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:20
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:20
- Hits: 1053
The Board of Supervisors is slated to discuss county zoning ordinances in regard to fracking.
Fracking refers to the process whereby chemicals and water, or possibly nitrogen, are forced deep into the ground to fracture the shale rock strata as a means of releasing natural gas to be mined.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:43
- Hits: 1087
Board to request state fracking legislation requiring environmental review prior to exploratory drilling for gas
The King George Board of Supervisors directed that a resolution be prepared for its review and approval that would ask state legislators to consider amending an existing law that would require an in-depth report on environmental and related matters by the state prior to any fracking activity in the Tidewater area.
- Last Updated on Monday, 21 July 2014 12:09
- Published on Monday, 21 July 2014 12:09
- Hits: 1423
Dominion Virginia Power to Upgrade Electrical
Facilities in Dahlgren Area of King George County
Dominion Virginia Power will be doing work to improve electric service in the Dahlgren area
of King George County. To complete the work safely and expeditiously, a planned outage will
occur from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 26.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 00:55
- Hits: 949
The King George Service Authority’s most recent financial report last month indicated it would end the year with a sizeable surplus, estimated at $172,998.
Those year-end figures for 2013-14 will be finalized following an annual audit to be performed this fall and released later this calendar year.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:54
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:54
- Hits: 1149
As of July 1, Virginia law requires all voters to provide an acceptable form of photo identification (ID) at the polls in order to vote.
Virginia’s new photo ID requirements also apply to absentee voters who vote in-person in elections ahead of Election Day.
The requirement is a result of a new law that was enacted by the state’s General Assembly over a year ago and signed into law by former Governor Bob McDonnell.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:21
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:21
- Hits: 1448
A joint preliminary hearing in King George Circuit Court last week resulted in charges of murder, attempted murder, and the use of a firearm during the commission of a felony going to a grand jury against Tennage Michel Shanks of King George and Anthony William Goodman of Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 09:57
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 09:57
- Hits: 1068
At a small ceremony Monday, June 23, Thomas Cue of Waste Management and his managerial staff received the Virginia Environmental Excellence Program award from the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality. Accepting the award were Luke Ohler of Waste Management, and county employees, Bridgid Maciejewski and Jeff Jenkins.