- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:50
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:49
- Hits: 2240
The Snow Queen, aka the Fall Festival Queen, read to the children at Santaland Saturday morning. This is the 17th year the Woman’s Club of King George has organized this event which give kids a chance to visit with Santa and select gifts for their family members that are both very nice and very inexpensive. Visitors to Santaland were lined up outside the doors of the former Post Office building on Route 3 to enjoy crafts and purchase some goodies at the bake sale.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:40
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:21
- Hits: 2613
A Ralph Bunche advisory committee established by the King George Board of Supervisors will host representatives from the Virginia Department of Historic Resources at its meeting next week.
- Last Updated on Friday, 30 November 2012 13:35
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:05
- Hits: 2251
editor's note: we received revised numbers, to see the correction, please press here.
Traffic light likely to be added later
The latest design for the Owens intersection on Dahlgren Road (Route 206) would acquire significantly fewer properties than originally planned, down from 24 parcels to needing six parcels for right-of-way.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 13:06
- Hits: 2790
Set-up for Operation Sharehouse began at noon on Sunday, Nov. 18 at the King George Family YMCA. The first shift of volunteers from partner, NSWC Federal Credit Union unloaded tables from the trailer, courtesy of KG Builders Association, and set them up in half of the basketball court of the gym.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:12
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:12
- Hits: 2765
Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) latest design plan for widening sections of Dahlgren Road (Route 206) at the Owens intersection with Windsor Drive (Route 218) and Owens Road (Route 624) is expected to be on display at next week’s work session meeting of the King George Board of Supervisors.
At least a couple of supervisors have seen recent versions of the changing design. Those include At-Large Supervisor Dale Sisson and Dahlgren Supervisor Ruby Brabo.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 14:12
- Published on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 13:49
- Hits: 3893
Dahlgren cancels event
Fireworks have been cancelled in King George for Fourth of July, 2013.
As in 2008 through 2010, residents will again have to go out of the county if they wish to view a fireworks display during their 2013 Fourth of July celebrations.
The Board of Supervisors reluctantly made the decision at a meeting last week on Nov. 6.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:46
- Published on Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:43
- Hits: 3267
My interview was with Commander William M. Pinto, USN (Ret.). He was born on March 31, 1962, in Somerville, New Jersey. He served in the United States Navy for twenty-one years, from March 1985 to October 2006. He chose to serve in the Navy, although he considered the Marine Corps. His godfather had been in the Navy during World War II and he liked being at sea. He had an opportunity in college to experience life on submarines, onboard a ship, and in aircraft; ultimately he chose the sea.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:38
- Published on Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:38
- Hits: 1748
The veteran I interviewed was my brother Frankie. I don’t get to see him as much as I would like to so that’s why I chose him.