- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:26
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:25
- Hits: 2460
When Mary Moore and her partners opened the specialty store in Dahlgren on July 23 of last year, she envisioned appealing to clientele who were looking for something more than the same-old-same-old items found in most gift shops. Her store, Ribbons & Bow Ties, offers specialty items for gift giving, as well as
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:27
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:20
- Hits: 3024
In response to community concerns about the viability of the proposed HELP Center project, the center’s organizers held an “open community forum” last Thursday at the University of Mary Washington campus in Dahlgren.
Unfortunately, the event appeared to be one step forward and one step back in the effort to build a $8.4 million facility where multiple service agencies serving at risk individuals could be housed under one roof.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:17
- Hits: 3231
The King George County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a Spotsylvania man in connection with a double shooting at the China Garden Restaurant in Dahlgren on March 9 that wounded two King George men.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 17:45
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 00:22
- Hits: 2179
Chief Dixon and fireman Mike Irbine with the KG Techno Dragons Robotics Club. Club members shown are Cody Dickerson and his brother, James Ponton, Dylan Rorrer, Ryan Rorrer and Cassidy Newman with coach Max Lupton.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 17:20
- Published on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 22:20
- Hits: 2101
King George’s county attorney, Eric Gregory, has asked for a “detailed report specifying Project FAITH’s plan to comply with the terms of the Deed and Agreement, including financing and construction timelines” in regard to the proposed HELP Center.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 17:18
- Published on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 22:18
- Hits: 2133
(This is a companion article to one elsewhere in this issue that highlights a July 1 letter from the King George County to Project FAITH requesting financial and other details in regard to the viability of the HELP Center proposed project.)
Project FAITH’s proposal is to construct an $8.4 million HELP Center facility to house some government agencies and non-profits to provide services to low and moderate income individuals.
The governmental and non-profit service providers listed in the recent unsuccessful application for a $700,000 federal block grant are King George Free Clinic, Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, New
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:32
- Hits: 3066
The Dirty Lion Mud Run, held Saturday at Eagle Bay in King George, drew the rugged individualists who charged through the obstacles, and the teams who banded together for encouragement and support. Some teams had their own team shirts for the event, including these two ladies. Their expressions show the reaction many competitors had when they succeeded in climbing one eight-foot wall only to discover ... there was another right beyond it!
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 11:50
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:48
- Hits: 2883
Project FAITH’s proposed HELP Center project has been passed over again by the state in the latest round of competitive grant applications funded this week by the Department of Housing & Community Development.