- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 00:43
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 00:43
- Hits: 655
The annual King George County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Torch Run for Virginia Special Olympics is scheduled for Thursday, May 1, and, according to Deputy Sheriff Rod Shriver, it will be the biggest ever.
The three-mile run will be held on Thursday, starting at the King George Sheriff’s Office, and ending at the King George High School football field. “We are expecting 275 to 300 runners to participate,” said Shriver, who is coordinating the event.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:55
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:55
- Hits: 1255
Kids from throughout the King George community were excited to participate in the Healthy Kid’s Day Fun 1-Mile Run at the YMCA on April 12.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:51
- Hits: 865
Clark Leming, attorney for Project Faith, Inc., lost a second round in court last week on April 9 in King George’s case to get a parcel of donated land back from the non-profit developer due to breach of contract for failure to commence construction by a deadline last year.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 11:43
- Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 11:43
- Hits: 1200
The lawsuit by King George County against Project Faith to get back a 5.53-acre parcel of land on Route 3 (Kings Hwy) is moving forward this week with its second hearing in the Circuit Court.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:06
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:06
- Hits: 2244
Tri-County/City Soil and Water Conservation District selected Millbank Farm owned by Gail Williams Wertz and Andrew Ball as the Clean Water/Bay Friendly Farm Award Program recipient of King George County (Rappahannock Watershed) for 2013.
- Last Updated on Monday, 24 March 2014 11:32
- Published on Monday, 24 March 2014 11:32
- Hits: 2334
Notice received from Jeron Hayes, Public Affairs Officer, Naval Support Activity South Potomac:
Today we notified base personnel of the planned traffic pattern change at Main Gate that will begin on Wednesday, March 26. I have attached diagrams that were included with the information. Below is the text that was distributed. I will also be issuing a press advisory to local media. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at (540) 284-0129. Thank you!
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:12
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:12
- Hits: 2452
Realtors developing the King George Gateway shopping area in Dahlgren have announced that six new retailers have signed leases to occupy space in a 72,000-square-foot building that will be constructed next to Walmart.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:07
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:07
- Hits: 1070
56 DECA members – 8 Chaperones – 1 DECA Advisor – 3 DECA Alumni College Interns – 40 Medals – 8 Trophies – 2 Plaques – 1 Scholarship – Making It Count!