- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:15
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:15
- Hits: 1285
King George Elementary School was recognized by the state last week as one of 57 Title I schools honored for raising the academic achievement of its economically disadvantaged students over the last two years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 13:13
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 13:13
- Hits: 2017
It is a tradition for the King George Board of Supervisors to look back at what county departments worked on over the year.
During the board’s final meeting of the year on Dec. 17, Board of Supervisors chairman, Dale Sisson, read numerous items from a list of accomplishments and activities of the county departments over the course of 2013.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 00:22
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 00:22
- Hits: 2188
Residents in King George clearly expect fracking issues to be at the forefront of public discussion during 2014.
Resident Mary Trout commented on the topic during the Dec. 17 meeting of the Board of Supervisors, which spawned remarks from several elected officials, all expressing concerns.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 13:24
- Published on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 13:24
- Hits: 2103
A prompt response by the King George Sheriff’s Office has led to the arrest of two Washington, DC men after they are alleged to have robbed the Last Chance Tobacco store in Dahlgren last week.
The armed robbery occurred at 6:39 p.m. on Dec. 23, at the small store located at 4963 James Madison Parkway (U.S. 301). An old model green Jeep Cherokee pulled into the store’s parking lot, and a man armed with a handgun got out of the vehicle and entered the store.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 December 2013 16:39
- Published on Wednesday, 25 December 2013 16:39
- Hits: 2008
With Project FAITH’s requests for dismissal of the case denied last week in court, the suit is expected to go forward once a hearing date can be set between both parties.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 16:37
- Published on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 16:37
- Hits: 2007
King George won the first round in court last week in its case against Project FAITH to get back a 5.53-acre parcel of land it gave to the non-profit residential development company in 2012 with conditions attached to construct and operate a facility referred to as a help center.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 11:45
- Published on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 11:45
- Hits: 2946
King George — Dr. Roosevelt Dean, Medical Director of 24/7 TLC Community Care clinic is pleased to announce the addition of Dr. Roberto Canizares MD to the staff line-up.
Dean states “Dr. Canizares will be joining the Community Care Clinic in beginning January 2014” and further explained “Dr. Canizares has provided medical care to the King George community for over forty years and has also provided free medical care since the 1980s to homeless at Fredericksburg’s Thurman Brisben Center.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:19
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:19
- Hits: 2156
The threat of a snow/rain mix did not keep shoppers home on Saturday, as they visited the 4th Annual Holly Jolly Market, but the weather did have an adverse effect on some of the King George Farmer’s Market members. One farmer sent an email that his crops had frozen in the field and he would not be at the event.