- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 February 2015 11:38
- Published on Tuesday, 10 February 2015 11:38
- Hits: 2739
There will be no change to the approved school calendar for next year.
School will start Aug. 24 and end June 3, 2016.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 10:20
- Published on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 10:17
- Hits: 3034
Students in King George will go back to school after summer vacation Aug. 24.
The school board approved its school calendar for the 2015-16 school year, deciding to start school before Labor Day for the first time ever. The last day of school will be June 3, 2016.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 11:28
- Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 11:27
- Hits: 3912
Hibbett Sports, an Alabama-based retailer specializing in footwear, apparel and equipment, will open its new store at the King George Gateway shopping center on U.S. 301 this weekend.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 13:58
- Published on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 13:58
- Hits: 2952
Superintendent says change will keep division competitive
The King George School Board’s budget development timeline likely will be kicked off by a joint meeting with the county’s Board of Supervisors at 6 p.m. Jan. 27 at Potomac Elementary School.
That date was selected by the school board at its Jan. 12 meeting and was to be considered by supervisors at their Jan. 20 meeting.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:07
- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:07
- Hits: 2842
A King George woman is recovering from wounds she received when a 28-year-old man broke into her mobile home and assaulted her, according to the King George County Sheriff’s Department.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:42
- Published on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:37
- Hits: 2743
Whoever said there’s no such thing as a free lunch never met the “Summer Lunch Bunch.” The volunteer organization is dedicated to meeting the nutritional needs of King George children during the summer break by providing a free lunch to kids who might otherwise go hungry.
This past summer, about 250 children were provided free lunches twice per week.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 13:59
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 10:17
- Hits: 3032
Historyland Memorial Park was the site this past weekend of a robbery of numerous bronze vases from headstones, police said.
The theft of more than 200 vases is believed to have occurred sometime between late Saturday and Monday morning at the cemetery on U.S. 301 in King George.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 10:11
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 10:11
- Hits: 5246
Howard’s Bakery & Restaurant in King George has been busier than ever in its lead-up to its closing at the end of the month.