- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:48
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:48
- Hits: 1480
The state has still not passed a budget for 2014-15, with the start of the fiscal year looming about a month away on July 1.
It makes sense that the General Assembly and more particularly the Virginia House of Delegates should come to some resolution with Gov. Terry McAuliffe in that time frame.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:12
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:12
- Hits: 2471
King George Sheriff Steve Dempsey has announced the arrest of a third suspect in the double shooting last month which killed one King George man and badly injured another. Anthony William Goodman, 30, of Upper Marlboro, Md., was arrested by officers late Friday night, Dempsey said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:52
- Hits: 1474
On Saturday, April 12, 2014, the King George Livestock Club had a preshow at Poplar Ridge Farm. The Emory family kindly hosted the preshow for all of youth and Adults part of King George Livestock Club to see, and get the gist of how the Show-and-Sale would be. We all got the opportunity to practice not only with our own project animals, but with other animals we may or may not be familiar with, as well.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:19
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:19
- Hits: 1015
The Ralph Bunche Advisory Committee had a meeting last week on April 28, and has another one scheduled for next week on May 13.
The committee is playing catch-up from some missed and postponed meetings earlier this year due to inclement weather, along with scheduling issues that have cropped up for the large membership.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:03
- Hits: 2032
The King George County Sheriff’s office is seeking an additional suspect in connection with a gang style double shooting last week in King George that left one man dead and another badly injured. Both shooting victims had their hands bound behind their backs when they were shot multiple times.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 817
Project Faith also wants $300K+ for costs, still blames county for inability to commence construction last August
Project Faith, Inc., filed an amended counterclaim in Circuit Court against King George County last week on April 30. The county is expected to file its response to the counterclaim later this month. Another court date, the case’s third, would be expected to be set for sometime this summer.