- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 13:46
- Published on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 13:46
- Hits: 9128
CDBG funds sought for more affordable housing units
The on-time submission of a completed grant application to the Virginia Department of Housing & Community Development on March 23 put paid to questions asked at two public hearings about whether it could be completed and submitted on time.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 10:20
- Published on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 10:19
- Hits: 9340
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will begin a construction project next week to rehabilitate the James Madison Memorial Bridge on US 301, located at King George County’s southern border across the Rappahannock River connecting with Caroline County.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 11:21
- Published on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 11:21
- Hits: 9411
Belle Grove, the historic King George birthplace of President James Madison, has been named the top-performing bed and breakfast in Virginia by Trip Advisor, the world's largest Internet travel site.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 11:17
- Published on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 11:17
- Hits: 9161
Students from King George County Schools were honored by the School Board on March 21 for their artwork selected for entry into a regional art contest at a Virginia School Boards Association Spring Network Forum on March 7 in Warsaw.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 March 2016 10:46
- Published on Tuesday, 15 March 2016 10:46
- Hits: 5802
Beginning this week on Monday, a two-phase canopy construction project began at the main gate at Dahlgren’s Naval Support Facility, scheduled to be completed by July 29.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 10:21
- Published on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 10:20
- Hits: 1067
The 27th Annual King George Home Show drew thousands of area residents and visitors last weekend to King George High School to view vendor displays ranging from home construction and improvement to jellies, jams, nuts and crafts.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 09:22
- Published on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 09:22
- Hits: 4205
Board questions developer on details
The first of two public hearings was held on March 1 by the King George Board of Supervisors on behalf of Project Faith’s latest proposal to build single-family houses to sell for less than $200,000 to qualified low- to moderate-income families.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 March 2016 09:58
- Published on Tuesday, 01 March 2016 09:58
- Hits: 4699
An amendment discovered last week in the state Senate’s budget would nix state acquisition of the Dahlgren Heritage Railroad Trail.
The amendment contains the following language:
“It is the intent of the General Assembly that any privately owned Railroad Heritage Trail of approximately 15.7 miles in length and located in King George County, Virginia shall not be purchased, accepted as a donation, or otherwise transferred to the Commonwealth of Virginia for operation as, or affiliation with, any State Park or Natural Heritage Preserve."