- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 13:53
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 13:27
- Hits: 2794
King George High School drafting students decided the first use for their latest piece of equipment would be to accessorize Principal Cliff Conway’s favorite school colors outfit by dressing it up with a matching bow tie to go with his ‘wild’ slacks.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 13:12
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 13:12
- Hits: 4134
Unique Antiques Mall, which last year provided much of the furniture for Meg Ryan’s new movie, “Ithaca,” which was filmed in Virginia, is becoming a must-visit destination for collectors of nostalgia and antiques.
“We are really trying to become a destination,” said Cyndi Blake, the store’s manager.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:59
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:59
- Hits: 1379
The King George Board of Supervisors is scheduled to take another look at proposed ordinance amendments regulating natural gas drilling along with new language for the county’s Comprehensive Plan pertaining to fracking.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 13:55
- Published on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 13:55
- Hits: 2244
King George Supervisor Joe Grzeika will not seek another term in this fall’s election.
“I have made a very difficult decision,” Grzeika told The Journal. “I will not pursue re-election.”
He will continue to serve through the end of his current term on Dec. 31.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:09
- Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:00
- Hits: 2049
King George officials have been saying ‘Thank you’ to county businesses since 2004 by hosting an annual appreciation event.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 10:58
- Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 10:58
- Hits: 1243
The King George Service Authority authorized advertising 8 percent rate and fee increases for the coming fiscal year. That unanimous action was taken on May 19.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:32
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:32
- Hits: 5545
Why wear a seat belt when you are driving? Because you are four times more likely to die in a traffic accident if you are not belted in.
That was one of the lessons being taught last week to King George High School by the King George Sheriff’s Office and Drive Smart Virginia.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:26
- Published on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:26
- Hits: 2261
King George Service Authority will discuss specifics on proposed rate increases during special budget meeting on May 13.
The authority was informed on April 21 of a change in state law shortening the lead-time for advertising proposed rate increases.