- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:29
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:29
- Hits: 2049
The King George board of supervisors wants the planning commission to review the county’s ordinance regarding gas and oil drilling.
Supervisors want a report within nine months detailing recommendations and potential amendments to address and tighten up the comprehensive plan, along with recommendations for amending the zoning ordinance. An interim report is wanted at the four-month mark.
- Last Updated on Monday, 25 August 2014 09:15
- Published on Monday, 25 August 2014 09:12
- Hits: 2132
Two King George men – an uncle and his nephew -- were killed Aug. 22 when the van they were driving in struck a tree, state police said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:32
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:32
- Hits: 1293
Gov. Terry McAuliffe will be in King George at 9 a.m. Aug. 22 to dedicate a new ‘canoe-in’ campground at Caledon State Park.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:13
- Hits: 1665
The King George Board of Supervisors agreed Aug. 5 a resolution be changed so it can be sent to a regulatory advisory panel instead of directly to area state legislators, but with copies also going to the legislators to keep them informed of the county’s intentions.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 12:08
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:12
- Hits: 2487
In April during a family visit, Leslie Nay noticed her little grandson was covered with bruises.
Nay, who lives in King George, reported the child’s injuries to the Department of Social Services, which began an investigation.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:20
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:20
- Hits: 1676
The Board of Supervisors is slated to discuss county zoning ordinances in regard to fracking.
Fracking refers to the process whereby chemicals and water, or possibly nitrogen, are forced deep into the ground to fracture the shale rock strata as a means of releasing natural gas to be mined.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:43
- Hits: 1838
Board to request state fracking legislation requiring environmental review prior to exploratory drilling for gas
The King George Board of Supervisors directed that a resolution be prepared for its review and approval that would ask state legislators to consider amending an existing law that would require an in-depth report on environmental and related matters by the state prior to any fracking activity in the Tidewater area.
- Last Updated on Monday, 21 July 2014 12:09
- Published on Monday, 21 July 2014 12:09
- Hits: 2327
Dominion Virginia Power to Upgrade Electrical
Facilities in Dahlgren Area of King George County
Dominion Virginia Power will be doing work to improve electric service in the Dahlgren area
of King George County. To complete the work safely and expeditiously, a planned outage will
occur from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 26.