- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 10:50
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 10:50
- Hits: 2725
Candidates whose names will appear on the Nov. 5 ballot this fall for local offices in King George are decided. The information is drawn from the certificates of candidate qualification and declaration of candidacy documents filed by those running and augmented by information from prior reporting on those who have
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 10:45
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 10:45
- Hits: 1645
The question of who actually altered a 2010 Rappahannock Community College (RCC) letter expressing interest in the proposed HELP Center project in King George still has many shaking their heads.
Thoughts of who altered the letter, and for what purpose, will likely linger at next week’s meeting of the Board of Supervisors when Project FAITH executive
- Last Updated on Thursday, 20 June 2013 09:55
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 02:48
- Hits: 1600
It remains a mystery whether the HELP Center project proposed by Project FAITH on 5.3 acres of land given to it by the county will ever get off the ground.
If it doesn’t, or if the performance agreement and or terms of the deed of gift are deemed by the Board of Supervisors to be violated, a
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:00
- Hits: 2365
Who altered a Rappahannock Community College letter expressing support for the HELP Center project proposed for King George County?
What does the discovery of the altered letter mean for the future of the proposed $8.4 million project?
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 15:56
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 08:55
- Hits: 2710
The King George County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a Friday night shooting at the Presidential Village townhouse development. Deputies responding to an emergency call at a townhouse on Inaugural Drive found a 37-year-old King George man suffering from a gunshot wound.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 10:57
- Hits: 2179
Margaret Ransone, the Westmoreland County businesswoman and mother of two who ran a successful come-from-behind campaign to win election to the Virginia House of Delegates in 2011, has announced for reelection. Ransone is a Republican.
Ransone and dozens of supporters gathered in the rain on the steps of the Westmoreland County Courthouse Saturday to celebrate her first term accomplishments and her goals for a second term as the area’s 99th District delegate.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 00:05
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:05
- Hits: 1790
A project for Dahlgren Road (Route 206) improvements at its intersection with Owens Drive (Route 624) and Windsor Drive (Route 218) has been approved for $4.2 million in funding. The project is slated to be advertised for construction later this fall.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:03
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:02
- Hits: 1997
Cub Scout Pack 191 held a rocket launch Saturday, April 13, at Larry Carr’s farm. The boys each made a rocket from kits donated by Mr. Pete Adams, and Pete provided the motors and launch pads at the event. Each scout was able to launch his rocket twice.
Submitted by David Smith