- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 October 2015 13:29
- Published on Tuesday, 27 October 2015 12:41
- Hits: 323
King George’s Caledon State Park, known for its hiking trails, hardwood forests and bald eagles, will be spooky Friday. As part of its Halloween observance, the Potomac River state park will host the One-Eyed Zombie Terror Trail 5K.
The race, which will benefit Special Olympics, is slated to begin at 4 p.m. The event will feature participants dressed as zombies chasing participants who are designated as survivors on wooded trails through the park at dusk.
King George Deputy Sheriff Rod Shriver, a frequent organizer of Special Olympics events, will compete as a zombie.
“It will be fun,” said Shriver.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 12:28
- Published on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 12:30
- Hits: 326
Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe announced last week the Oct. 14 launch of the Virginia Department of Elections’ new Citizen Portal, which allows Virginia voters to apply for an absentee ballot online.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:53
- Published on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:53
- Hits: 421
Shoppers are encouraged to save themselves some money by shopping during the weekend of Aug. 7-9. That’s when this year’s Virginia sales tax holiday for clothing and school supplies will take place.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:08
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:07
- Hits: 984
Access to the Potomac River Middle Danger Zone To Be Restricted During Testing