- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:43
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:43
- Hits: 3993
Lillie Ballance Sanford, 97, of Dahlgren died Monday, Jan. 27, 2014, at Westmoreland Rehabilitation and Care Facility.
Born and raised in Polar Branch, NC (Currituck County), Lillie was the daughter of the late William Edward and Myrtle Bunch Ballance. She graduated from Poplar Branch High School in 1933, was crowned “Miss Currituck” in 1934.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:58
- Published on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:59
- Hits: 4135
Steven Lynn Greer Jr., 23, of King George passed away Sunday, Jan. 19, 2014.
Steven grew up in King George County. He was a 2009 graduate of King George High School. He attended Germanna Community College 2009-2010.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:59
- Hits: 3669
Vernice Delores Jordan Johnson, affectionately known as Aunt “Wee Wee” daughter of the late James L. and Lucille M. Jordan, was born September 13, 1957 in Fredericksburg, VA. She departed this life at 3:19 a.m. on January 2, 2014 at the Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center surrounded by her loving family.
She received her education from the King George County Public School System graduating in June 1976.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:01
- Published on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:01
- Hits: 2937
Lawrence Filkoski, Sr., 72, of Warsaw, passed away on Tuesday, January 14, 2014.
Originally from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, he spent the last 38 years living in the Northern Neck of Virginia where he worked as a self employed building contractor with his sons and was recently retired.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:40
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:40
- Hits: 3600
Edythe Marchant Smith Robins, age 86, died peacefully on December 27, 2013 at the Berlin Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Berlin.
Born in Yonkers, New York, she was the daughter of the late Frank Seeley Smith, Sr., and Edith Russell Seymour.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 12:08
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 12:08
- Hits: 4395
Michael C. Wiseman, 58, passed away Friday, Jan. 10, 2014, at Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg.
Michael was a native of California, where he grew up on a dairy, shoveling cow manure. This prepared him well for a career in government.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:38
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:38
- Hits: 2702
Mary Foxwell Jones Keeling, wife of Ernest M. Keeling of Dogue, VA died December 25, 2013.
Mary was born December 6, 1933 on Crookhorn Farm in Montross, Westmoreland County, VA.
- Last Updated on Monday, 30 December 2013 14:36
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:32
- Hits: 1958
Shirley Dodd Richards, 68, of Fredericksburg died Saturday, December 28, 2013 at Mary Washington Hospital.
Mrs. Richards was the widow of the late Thomas Lee Richards.
She was a member of Hillcrest United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her son, Thomas Lee Richards Jr. (Karen), of King George County; daughter, Angela Richards of Fredericksburg; three grandsons, Austin Whittemore and Tye Hudson both of Fredericksburg, Preston Richards of King George; and brother, Linwood Dodd of King George.
A service will be held at noon, Monday, Jan. 6 at Covenant Funeral Service, Fredericksburg. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service.
Interment will follow in Sunset Memorial Gardens.
Online guest book at www.covenantfuneralervice.com.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 11:01
- Hits: 3601
E. Jonell Biemeck, 67, of Colonial Beach, Virginia, passed away on Sunday, January 5, 2014, in Walter Reed National Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland, after a long and courageous battle with diabetes.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:48
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:48
- Hits: 3491
Rosaltha “Rose” Lucille Eakin, age 83, passed away November 27, 2013, in King George, Virginia.
She was born January 10, 1930 in Bangkok, Siam (Thailand) the daughter of missionary parents.