- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:27
- Published on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:27
- Hits: 4632
Deacon Scott Clayborne Stuart, 54, of King George, VA, passed away on Monday, July 20, 2015 at Janesville Hospital, after a swimming incident at Lake Geneva, WI.
Scott was born on January 7, 1961, in Key West, FL to Thomas and Patricia Stuart. He had three siblings: Geoffrey, Robin and Christopher Stuart.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:48
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:46
- Hits: 2913
Luther W. (Billy) Harper, Jr. of Stafford County passed away Thursday, June 4, 2015 in Stafford, VA.
Billy was born on May 24, 1960 in Alexandria, Virginia to Luther W. Harper (Mandy) and Patricia (Pat) J. Harper.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:43
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:43
- Hits: 2520
Roy Leon Lewis, Jr., 60, of Richmond, passed away peacefully in the loving arms of his wife, surrounded by his family, on Saturday, June 6, 2015.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 08:56
- Published on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 08:56
- Hits: 4953
Marjorie Walker Roussy Strother of Richmond, VA, previously of King George County, died January 6, 2015.
She was predeceased by her husbands, Napoleon M. Roussy and R. Garnett Strother; her parents, Benjamin Wyatt and Eva May Walker; two sisters, Kathleen Walker Holland and JoAnn Walker Burnette; and brother, Michael Wyatt Walker.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:49
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:49
- Hits: 4707
Stanley Rollins met his Lord in Heaven the morning of Thursday, November 20, 2014.
His joyous heavenly reunion includes Rosalie and Joseph “Wilbur” Rollins (parents), George Rollins (brother), Nick Hales (father-in-law), Donnie Lewis, Johnny Lewis, Ralph Lewis, Jay Fowler, Creed Eller (brothers-in-law), and Linda Lewis (sister-in-law) who predeceased him.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:48
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:48
- Hits: 3265
Jack E. Townsend, 88 of Dahlgren died Saturday, November 22, 2014 at Mary Washington Hospital. Born January 12, 1926 in San Diego, he was the son of the late Navy Captain Arthur M. Townsend and Nietta King Townsend. His father, a Navy officer, was assigned to a ship at Pearl Harbor and Jack and his family lived overlooking the base.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:33
- Published on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:33
- Hits: 4273
Whether one supported his political beliefs or not, one thing most people agreed upon is that former Mayor Fred Rummage stuck to his guns and stood up for what he believed.
- Last Updated on Monday, 26 January 2015 15:31
- Published on Monday, 26 January 2015 15:31
- Hits: 4814
Shirley Jean Moss, 60, of Warsaw, passed away on Saturday, January 24, 2015. Mrs. Moss was the widow of Thomas Eddie Moss.
She is survived by: daughter, Robin Shirley Kimble; granddaughter, Jacqueline Kimble; brothers, Clarence Ernest Clark, and Curtis Clark; and sisters, Joanne Hinson, Janice Clark, and Ethel Marks.
Funeral services will be held at 11 am, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, at the Providence UMC, with burial in the church cemetery.
The family will receive friends at the Welch Funeral Home, Montross Chapel, 17546 Kings Highway, Montross from 6 until 8 pm, Tuesday,
January 27, 2015. Memorial contributions may be made to the Providence United Methodist Church.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:01
- Published on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:01
- Hits: 10504
Teresa M. Martin, 57, of Paden City, WV died Saturday, August 30, 2014 as the result of an automobile accident in King George, VA.
Teresa was born May 8, 1957 in New Martinsville, WV, daughter of Ernie and Dorothy (Beagle) Blatt of Paden City, WV.
She was a mail carrier out of the Middlebourne Post Office, graduate of Paden City High School, member of Red Hat Society and Mater Dolorosa Catholic Church in Paden City, WV.