- Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 11:13
- Published on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 11:13
- Hits: 3058
On the last day of November 2015, Anna Thomas Gaborow, one day after turning 100 ½ years old, entered Glory, dancing into the arms of her beloved husband, who had been waiting 42 years for that next dance.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 December 2015 10:00
- Published on Tuesday, 01 December 2015 10:00
- Hits: 2941
Susan Marion Deputy, 63, of King George County passed away peacefully at home on Thursday, Nov. 26, 2015.
She was born Susan Marion Griggs on May 10, 1952, at Arlington Hospital in Arlington. Susan briefly attended Virginia Commonwealth University. She previously worked for the FBI and CIA in Washington, D.C. She married her husband of 42 years, David L. Deputy, on March 24, 1973.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:37
- Published on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:37
- Hits: 4303
Jesus Christ, being rich in grace and mercy, granted eternal life to Robert “Bob” Curtis, 85, over sixty years ago and called this faithful pilgrim home on Friday, August 7, 2015 at 11:08 p.m. from his residence in Colonial Beach, VA.
Mr. Curtis was born February 6, 1930 in Urbana, IL, to Henry and Ethel (Williams) Curtis.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:30
- Published on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:30
- Hits: 3302
Dr. Paul C. Reber, 55, loving husband, devoted father, and passionate historian, died on Thursday, July 23, 2015 at VCU Medical Center in Richmond following a bicycle accident.
Dr. Reber, the Executive Director of Stratford Hall and an avid cyclist, had been training for an upcoming amateur cycling race.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:27
- Published on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:27
- Hits: 4724
Deacon Scott Clayborne Stuart, 54, of King George, VA, passed away on Monday, July 20, 2015 at Janesville Hospital, after a swimming incident at Lake Geneva, WI.
Scott was born on January 7, 1961, in Key West, FL to Thomas and Patricia Stuart. He had three siblings: Geoffrey, Robin and Christopher Stuart.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:48
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:46
- Hits: 2963
Luther W. (Billy) Harper, Jr. of Stafford County passed away Thursday, June 4, 2015 in Stafford, VA.
Billy was born on May 24, 1960 in Alexandria, Virginia to Luther W. Harper (Mandy) and Patricia (Pat) J. Harper.
- Last Updated on Monday, 26 January 2015 15:31
- Published on Monday, 26 January 2015 15:31
- Hits: 4862
Shirley Jean Moss, 60, of Warsaw, passed away on Saturday, January 24, 2015. Mrs. Moss was the widow of Thomas Eddie Moss.
She is survived by: daughter, Robin Shirley Kimble; granddaughter, Jacqueline Kimble; brothers, Clarence Ernest Clark, and Curtis Clark; and sisters, Joanne Hinson, Janice Clark, and Ethel Marks.
Funeral services will be held at 11 am, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, at the Providence UMC, with burial in the church cemetery.
The family will receive friends at the Welch Funeral Home, Montross Chapel, 17546 Kings Highway, Montross from 6 until 8 pm, Tuesday,
January 27, 2015. Memorial contributions may be made to the Providence United Methodist Church.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:43
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:43
- Hits: 2572
Roy Leon Lewis, Jr., 60, of Richmond, passed away peacefully in the loving arms of his wife, surrounded by his family, on Saturday, June 6, 2015.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 08:56
- Published on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 08:56
- Hits: 4997
Marjorie Walker Roussy Strother of Richmond, VA, previously of King George County, died January 6, 2015.
She was predeceased by her husbands, Napoleon M. Roussy and R. Garnett Strother; her parents, Benjamin Wyatt and Eva May Walker; two sisters, Kathleen Walker Holland and JoAnn Walker Burnette; and brother, Michael Wyatt Walker.