- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:43
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 12:43
- Hits: 2450
Roy Leon Lewis, Jr., 60, of Richmond, passed away peacefully in the loving arms of his wife, surrounded by his family, on Saturday, June 6, 2015.
- Last Updated on Monday, 26 January 2015 15:31
- Published on Monday, 26 January 2015 15:31
- Hits: 4763
Shirley Jean Moss, 60, of Warsaw, passed away on Saturday, January 24, 2015. Mrs. Moss was the widow of Thomas Eddie Moss.
She is survived by: daughter, Robin Shirley Kimble; granddaughter, Jacqueline Kimble; brothers, Clarence Ernest Clark, and Curtis Clark; and sisters, Joanne Hinson, Janice Clark, and Ethel Marks.
Funeral services will be held at 11 am, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, at the Providence UMC, with burial in the church cemetery.
The family will receive friends at the Welch Funeral Home, Montross Chapel, 17546 Kings Highway, Montross from 6 until 8 pm, Tuesday,
January 27, 2015. Memorial contributions may be made to the Providence United Methodist Church.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:01
- Published on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:01
- Hits: 10430
Teresa M. Martin, 57, of Paden City, WV died Saturday, August 30, 2014 as the result of an automobile accident in King George, VA.
Teresa was born May 8, 1957 in New Martinsville, WV, daughter of Ernie and Dorothy (Beagle) Blatt of Paden City, WV.
She was a mail carrier out of the Middlebourne Post Office, graduate of Paden City High School, member of Red Hat Society and Mater Dolorosa Catholic Church in Paden City, WV.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 08:56
- Published on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 08:56
- Hits: 4912
Marjorie Walker Roussy Strother of Richmond, VA, previously of King George County, died January 6, 2015.
She was predeceased by her husbands, Napoleon M. Roussy and R. Garnett Strother; her parents, Benjamin Wyatt and Eva May Walker; two sisters, Kathleen Walker Holland and JoAnn Walker Burnette; and brother, Michael Wyatt Walker.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:49
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:49
- Hits: 4669
Stanley Rollins met his Lord in Heaven the morning of Thursday, November 20, 2014.
His joyous heavenly reunion includes Rosalie and Joseph “Wilbur” Rollins (parents), George Rollins (brother), Nick Hales (father-in-law), Donnie Lewis, Johnny Lewis, Ralph Lewis, Jay Fowler, Creed Eller (brothers-in-law), and Linda Lewis (sister-in-law) who predeceased him.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:41
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:41
- Hits: 9666
Standley “Ray” McDowney Sr., 77, of King George County passed away Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014, at Westmoreland Health Care Center in Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:48
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:48
- Hits: 3230
Jack E. Townsend, 88 of Dahlgren died Saturday, November 22, 2014 at Mary Washington Hospital. Born January 12, 1926 in San Diego, he was the son of the late Navy Captain Arthur M. Townsend and Nietta King Townsend. His father, a Navy officer, was assigned to a ship at Pearl Harbor and Jack and his family lived overlooking the base.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:40
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:40
- Hits: 9023
Beloved mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, passed peacefully Wednesday, July 23, 2014. Ethel was born on July 29, 1925 in Moriarty, NM.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:33
- Published on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:33
- Hits: 4217
Whether one supported his political beliefs or not, one thing most people agreed upon is that former Mayor Fred Rummage stuck to his guns and stood up for what he believed.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:59
- Hits: 9074
Jean Printz-Carr, 80, of Colonial Beach passed away on Wednesday, July 9, 2014.
Survivors include her loving husband, David C. Carr; sons James David Printz, David B. Carr and Michael Carr (Vanessa); granddaughter Jennifer Allmon (Eric); grandsons James Carr (Contessa) and Joshua Allmon; great-granddaughter Bethany Allmon; brother Carl Eaton (Carolyn); and many nieces and nephews.