- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 12:08
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 12:08
- Hits: 5116
Michael C. Wiseman, 58, passed away Friday, Jan. 10, 2014, at Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg.
Michael was a native of California, where he grew up on a dairy, shoveling cow manure. This prepared him well for a career in government.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 11:01
- Hits: 4269
E. Jonell Biemeck, 67, of Colonial Beach, Virginia, passed away on Sunday, January 5, 2014, in Walter Reed National Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland, after a long and courageous battle with diabetes.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:59
- Hits: 4413
Vernice Delores Jordan Johnson, affectionately known as Aunt “Wee Wee” daughter of the late James L. and Lucille M. Jordan, was born September 13, 1957 in Fredericksburg, VA. She departed this life at 3:19 a.m. on January 2, 2014 at the Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center surrounded by her loving family.
She received her education from the King George County Public School System graduating in June 1976.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:40
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:40
- Hits: 4255
Edythe Marchant Smith Robins, age 86, died peacefully on December 27, 2013 at the Berlin Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Berlin.
Born in Yonkers, New York, she was the daughter of the late Frank Seeley Smith, Sr., and Edith Russell Seymour.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:59
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:59
- Hits: 4611
Bryan Richard Gautier, 71, of King George County passed away Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013, in King George surrounded by his loving family.
Born in Dahlgren, he worked as a newspaper delivery boy from age 11 to 13, part time at several service stations and helped with the family florist and landscaping business throughout his high school years. He graduated as class president from King George High School in 1962, and then from Strayer College of Finance in Washington, D.C.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:38
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:38
- Hits: 2937
Mary Foxwell Jones Keeling, wife of Ernest M. Keeling of Dogue, VA died December 25, 2013.
Mary was born December 6, 1933 on Crookhorn Farm in Montross, Westmoreland County, VA.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:57
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:57
- Hits: 4496
Margaret A. Griffith, 96, of King George County died Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, at home.
She was born Aug. 14, 1917, in Rollins Fork. She was the eldest daughter of the late Chancey and Lily Allensworth.
Margaret enjoyed the outdoors and all of nature’s beauty. She was strong in her faith and patient beyond belief. She was a talented and skilled seamstress, yet modest about her achievements.
- Last Updated on Monday, 30 December 2013 14:36
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:32
- Hits: 2153
Shirley Dodd Richards, 68, of Fredericksburg died Saturday, December 28, 2013 at Mary Washington Hospital.
Mrs. Richards was the widow of the late Thomas Lee Richards.
She was a member of Hillcrest United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her son, Thomas Lee Richards Jr. (Karen), of King George County; daughter, Angela Richards of Fredericksburg; three grandsons, Austin Whittemore and Tye Hudson both of Fredericksburg, Preston Richards of King George; and brother, Linwood Dodd of King George.
A service will be held at noon, Monday, Jan. 6 at Covenant Funeral Service, Fredericksburg. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service.
Interment will follow in Sunset Memorial Gardens.
Online guest book at www.covenantfuneralervice.com.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:20
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:20
- Hits: 6012
Mary Grubb Moschler, 84, went to be with the Lord October 15, 2013 in Hampton, Virginia.
She was born June 16, 1929 in Chatham, VA. She is preceded in death by her parents Ed & Mabel Grubb, her husband of 51 years, Leland Moschler, and her daughter Joan Moschler Allensworth.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:48
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:48
- Hits: 3678
Rosaltha “Rose” Lucille Eakin, age 83, passed away November 27, 2013, in King George, Virginia.
She was born January 10, 1930 in Bangkok, Siam (Thailand) the daughter of missionary parents.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:19
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:19
- Hits: 6258
SPC Jeffrey W. Lawrence II, 26, passed away Tuesday, October 8, 2013.
Jeffrey graduated with honors from James Monroe High School in 2005. He loved his pets, cars, music, enjoyed electronics, and was an avid Washington Redskins fan.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 12:01
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 12:01
- Hits: 4716
Andrew J. Saulnier, 93, of Front Royal, VA died on Friday, Nov. 8th, 2013, at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg, WV.
Mr. Saulnier was born May 16, 1920, in Saulnierville, Nova Scotia, Canada, son of the late Jerry R. and Ange`le L. Guilebeau Saulnier. He was a WW II veteran of the U.S. Navy, founder of D & S Repair Service of Alexandria and a founder of Equipment Service Association.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:15
- Hits: 5539
Diane Gosch Indseth of King George County died Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, at home.
She was born Dec. 5, 1941, and raised in Huron, S.D. She was the daughter of Herbert Gosch and Fern Humphrey and the older sister of Ralph Gosch.