- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:40
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:40
- Hits: 3804
Edythe Marchant Smith Robins, age 86, died peacefully on December 27, 2013 at the Berlin Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Berlin.
Born in Yonkers, New York, she was the daughter of the late Frank Seeley Smith, Sr., and Edith Russell Seymour.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:38
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:38
- Hits: 2787
Mary Foxwell Jones Keeling, wife of Ernest M. Keeling of Dogue, VA died December 25, 2013.
Mary was born December 6, 1933 on Crookhorn Farm in Montross, Westmoreland County, VA.
- Last Updated on Monday, 30 December 2013 14:36
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 14:32
- Hits: 2036
Shirley Dodd Richards, 68, of Fredericksburg died Saturday, December 28, 2013 at Mary Washington Hospital.
Mrs. Richards was the widow of the late Thomas Lee Richards.
She was a member of Hillcrest United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her son, Thomas Lee Richards Jr. (Karen), of King George County; daughter, Angela Richards of Fredericksburg; three grandsons, Austin Whittemore and Tye Hudson both of Fredericksburg, Preston Richards of King George; and brother, Linwood Dodd of King George.
A service will be held at noon, Monday, Jan. 6 at Covenant Funeral Service, Fredericksburg. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service.
Interment will follow in Sunset Memorial Gardens.
Online guest book at www.covenantfuneralervice.com.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:48
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:48
- Hits: 3544
Rosaltha “Rose” Lucille Eakin, age 83, passed away November 27, 2013, in King George, Virginia.
She was born January 10, 1930 in Bangkok, Siam (Thailand) the daughter of missionary parents.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 12:01
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 12:01
- Hits: 4592
Andrew J. Saulnier, 93, of Front Royal, VA died on Friday, Nov. 8th, 2013, at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg, WV.
Mr. Saulnier was born May 16, 1920, in Saulnierville, Nova Scotia, Canada, son of the late Jerry R. and Ange`le L. Guilebeau Saulnier. He was a WW II veteran of the U.S. Navy, founder of D & S Repair Service of Alexandria and a founder of Equipment Service Association.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:15
- Hits: 5377
Diane Gosch Indseth of King George County died Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, at home.
She was born Dec. 5, 1941, and raised in Huron, S.D. She was the daughter of Herbert Gosch and Fern Humphrey and the older sister of Ralph Gosch.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:59
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:59
- Hits: 4481
Bryan Richard Gautier, 71, of King George County passed away Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013, in King George surrounded by his loving family.
Born in Dahlgren, he worked as a newspaper delivery boy from age 11 to 13, part time at several service stations and helped with the family florist and landscaping business throughout his high school years. He graduated as class president from King George High School in 1962, and then from Strayer College of Finance in Washington, D.C.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:07
- Hits: 5663
Barbara Ann Shaffier, 73, formerly of Colonial Beach, Va passed away, after a long illness, on Friday, October 11, 2013 at the Culpeper Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:57
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:57
- Hits: 4359
Margaret A. Griffith, 96, of King George County died Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, at home.
She was born Aug. 14, 1917, in Rollins Fork. She was the eldest daughter of the late Chancey and Lily Allensworth.
Margaret enjoyed the outdoors and all of nature’s beauty. She was strong in her faith and patient beyond belief. She was a talented and skilled seamstress, yet modest about her achievements.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:03
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:00
- Hits: 7076
Ruth J. Herrink died October 12, 2013, surrounded by her family, following a brief illness.
Ruth frequently recited the 23rd psalm; her cup truly was filled to overflowing with life, energy and ideas. She learned the words of the “Salutation to the Dawn” from her father Basil B. Jones - “Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:20
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:20
- Hits: 5845
Mary Grubb Moschler, 84, went to be with the Lord October 15, 2013 in Hampton, Virginia.
She was born June 16, 1929 in Chatham, VA. She is preceded in death by her parents Ed & Mabel Grubb, her husband of 51 years, Leland Moschler, and her daughter Joan Moschler Allensworth.
- Last Updated on Monday, 14 October 2013 09:52
- Published on Saturday, 12 October 2013 05:05
- Hits: 8602
Ruth Herrink, publisher of The Journal for almost 30 years, died early this morning at Mary Washington Hospital.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:19
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:19
- Hits: 6093
SPC Jeffrey W. Lawrence II, 26, passed away Tuesday, October 8, 2013.
Jeffrey graduated with honors from James Monroe High School in 2005. He loved his pets, cars, music, enjoyed electronics, and was an avid Washington Redskins fan.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 12:11
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 12:11
- Hits: 4690
Clara Ruth Johnson, 103, of King George, died on October 5, 2013 at Heritage Hall Nursing Home in King George.
Mrs. Johnson was the oldest member of Little Ark Baptist Church, King George when she died. She resided in the Shiloh District of the county for the past six years and formerly from Dahlgren.