- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:07
- Hits: 5764
Barbara Ann Shaffier, 73, formerly of Colonial Beach, Va passed away, after a long illness, on Friday, October 11, 2013 at the Culpeper Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:03
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:00
- Hits: 7278
Ruth J. Herrink died October 12, 2013, surrounded by her family, following a brief illness.
Ruth frequently recited the 23rd psalm; her cup truly was filled to overflowing with life, energy and ideas. She learned the words of the “Salutation to the Dawn” from her father Basil B. Jones - “Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”
- Last Updated on Monday, 14 October 2013 09:52
- Published on Saturday, 12 October 2013 05:05
- Hits: 8848
Ruth Herrink, publisher of The Journal for almost 30 years, died early this morning at Mary Washington Hospital.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 12:11
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 12:11
- Hits: 4807
Clara Ruth Johnson, 103, of King George, died on October 5, 2013 at Heritage Hall Nursing Home in King George.
Mrs. Johnson was the oldest member of Little Ark Baptist Church, King George when she died. She resided in the Shiloh District of the county for the past six years and formerly from Dahlgren.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 11:22
- Published on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 11:22
- Hits: 4994
Mary Elizabeth “Betty” Robinson, 86, of Colonial Beach, went to be with the Lord on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013.
Betty was born in Washington, DC, on Oct. 30, 1926. She attended Holy Trinity High School in Washington.
She was married to George H. Robinson Jr. on May 17, 1947. They were married 45 years, until his death in 1992.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 15:33
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 00:30
- Hits: 7421
Peggy Jones Hinson, wife of Larry Hinson, of Montross, passed away on Wednesday, July 17, 2013.
She was employed at Naval Surface Weapons Center, Dahlgren, VA, was a very active member of Currioman Baptist Church, past secretary of Northern Neck Humane Society, Secretary Westmoreland County Citizens Association, and Phi Theta Kappa at Rappahannock Community College.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 09:53
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 09:53
- Hits: 5399
Galen Wayne Rothrock, 92, of King George County died Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, at his home after a brief illness.
He was born on the farm of his parents, Elbert Q. Rothrock and Ollie Belle Lichty near Davenport, NE, in 1921. This was part of the same farm his grandparents had homesteaded in the late 1870s. He grew up helping his father and brothers farm during the dust-bowl years of the ‘30s. Following graduation from high
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 11:29
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 11:28
- Hits: 7368
Rylan Dylan Wynn (Pookie Poo), 2-1/2 year old son of Jennifer Cave & Michael Wynn of Colonial Beach, VA, died at home unexpectedly on July 21, 2013.
Born Jan 21, 2011, he had been diagnosed with the neurological disorder GM1 gangliosidosis in the fall of 2012.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:20
- Hits: 5482
Dorothea Meriam Klein, 83, of Arnold, Md., passed away Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013, at home with her family by her side.
She was born Sept. 28, 1929, in Baltimore, where she was raised, and graduated from Western High School. She moved to Arnold in 1957.
Dorothea was a homemaker and a part-time transcriber for the District Court of Maryland, in Annapolis, for 18 years.
She enjoyed reading, handicrafts, sewing and gardening. She also liked to write and had published several short stories and articles in children's magazines some time ago.
Dorothea is survived by her brother, Richard Kenneth Benfer; sister-in-law Georgiana Benfer; grandchildren Jean Klein Conn (Sean), Judi Klein Strecker (Charles) and James Klein (Mollie); 17 great-grandchildren; and 11 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James Wilbert August Klein; son James Wilbert August Klein Jr.; parents Rudolf Herman Benfer and Dorothea Meriam Benfer; and brother Rudolf Herman Benfer Jr.
The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, at Barranco & Sons, P.A Severna Park Funeral Home in Severna Park, Md.. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Stevensville Cemetery in Stevensville, Md.
Online condolences may be made at barrancofuneralhome.com.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 July 2013 14:00
- Published on Tuesday, 23 July 2013 14:00
- Hits: 7292
Marie Ellen Owens Kunlo, 81, of King George County passed away peacefully in her home on Friday, July 19, 2013.
She was born on Sept. 17, 1931, in Washington, D.C. She graduated from St. Cecelia's Academy in 1949 and
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 10:14
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 10:14
- Hits: 5656
Harry Clayton Ovitt Jr., 63, beloved husband and father, of Fredericksburg passed away Thursday, August 8, 2013 at Mary Washington Hospital.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 07:35
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 07:35
- Hits: 6915
Orville Sutton, 55, of Colonial Beach passed away Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at Mary Washington Hospital.
A funeral was held Thursday, July 11, at First Baptist Church in Colonial Beach. Interment was in the Tate
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 July 2013 16:37
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 07:35
- Hits: 5997
Jane Ellen Hall of King George County passed away Monday, July 8, 2013, at Mary Washington Hospital.
Jane was born Aug. 7, 1934, in Richmond, IN, to the late Olin and Mary Lawman.