- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:46
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:46
- Hits: 957
Virginia provides consumers a full week of exemption from the state’s sales tax on purchases for numerous items designated by the Department of Taxation as hurricane preparedness equipment, including portable generators, May 25-31.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:36
- Hits: 1781
Richmond — On Monday, Jan. 20 Delegate Margaret Ransone sponsored “Dads and Donuts”, an event to bring fathers and children together and to promote strong families.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:24
- Hits: 1177
Registration is now open for the March 11 Statewide Tornado Drill. Businesses and organizations, schools and colleges, and families and individuals can practice taking cover from tornadoes by participating in this annual safety exercise, set for 9:45 a.m.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 00:44
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 00:44
- Hits: 1160
Feb. 14-17 will mark “Winterfest 2014 in the Northern Neck” and include a long weekend of events celebrating recreation in the Northern Neck in winter, and the Presidential legacy of the region where three Presidents were born.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:40
- Published on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:30
- Hits: 1281
The Three Rivers Medical Reserve Corps, a local unit of volunteers who work to build public health infrastructures in communities, has given scouts in Colonial Beach instruction on emergency preparedness.
Three Rivers Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator Valerie Prince and volunteer Kathryn Miller met with Colonial Beach Boy Scout Troop 258 and the Webelos Cub Pack 258 at the Colonial Beach Baptist Church.
The scouts were taught emergency preparedness to help prepare them and their families for any future emergency or disaster situation. Each scout was given a free emergency kit backpack and urged to help their families “make a plan and stay informed” in the event of an emergency.