- Last Updated on Monday, 23 March 2015 15:39
- Published on Monday, 23 March 2015 15:39
- Hits: 248
The thousands of ospreys that flew into the Northern Neck and the Chesapeake Bay last week were perhaps less than thrilled by the cold, wet weather that marked the March 20 arrival of spring.
After all, the mighty raptors were migrating north for the spring and summer following a winter sojourn as far away as Brazil.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 12:21
- Published on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 12:18
- Hits: 494
The 2014 annual Fredericksburg Assn. of Realtors “Cereal Drive “ was a tremendous success! Locally, realtors from Century 21 Battlefield worked together with the three King George elementary schools and surpassed their goal of 1,000 boxes and actually collected well over 1,100 boxes of cereal for food pantries.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:46
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:46
- Hits: 1268
Virginia provides consumers a full week of exemption from the state’s sales tax on purchases for numerous items designated by the Department of Taxation as hurricane preparedness equipment, including portable generators, May 25-31.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:36
- Hits: 2083
Richmond — On Monday, Jan. 20 Delegate Margaret Ransone sponsored “Dads and Donuts”, an event to bring fathers and children together and to promote strong families.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:24
- Hits: 1459
Registration is now open for the March 11 Statewide Tornado Drill. Businesses and organizations, schools and colleges, and families and individuals can practice taking cover from tornadoes by participating in this annual safety exercise, set for 9:45 a.m.