- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:54
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:54
- Hits: 684
The Potomac River Fisheries Commission was created in the wake of the deadly Maryland–Virginia “Oyster Wars” of the 1940s and 1950s, with rival watermen from each side of the Potomac battling each other.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:38
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:38
- Hits: 652
With spring approaching, residents may want to clean up leftover fall leaves, fallen branches and unwanted brush debris that is best controlled before the growing season takes hold. However, when disposing of these items through burning, there are certain laws pertaining to burning that citizens should be aware of, and precautions should be followed.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 January 2014 16:44
- Published on Tuesday, 14 January 2014 16:44
- Hits: 967
State Sen. Richard Stuart, who represents Virginia’s 28th District, which includes King George and part of Westmoreland County, has introduced General Assembly legislation that could ban drilling for oil and gas east of I-95.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:24
- Hits: 1270
The George Washington Birthplace National Monument in Westmoreland County, the first home of the founding father who helped shape the destiny of America, will be getting a new superintendent in February.
- Last Updated on Monday, 23 December 2013 17:04
- Published on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 16:32
- Hits: 1241
King George — Dr. Roosevelt Dean, Medical Director of 24/7 TLC Community Care clinic is pleased to announce the addition of Dr. Roberto Canizares MD to the staff line-up.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:31
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:31
- Hits: 1739
The ailing female patient shuffled slowly away from the medical clinic. Noticing his retreating patient Dr. Roosevelt went to investigate. As former co-workers relate the details, the patient explained that she did not have the money to call a taxi and also fill the prescription held tightly in her hand. Without hesitation upon hearing this, Dr. Dean quickly coordinated with his nurses to rearrange his schedule, and then personally drove the woman to the pharmacy and on to her home.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:52
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:42
- Hits: 1335
Robert Ray Crouch of King George, who was sentenced to five years in prison, fined $35,000 and ordered to pay more than $84,000 in restitution for defrauding customers of the former Meadow-Brooke Memorial Gardens cemetery in King George, has been granted a hearing by the Virginia Court of Appeals.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 00:10
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 00:10
- Hits: 1417
Falls Church — Fredericksburg and the surrounding counties will soon have hospice and counseling services available to patients and their families facing life-limiting illnesses. Capital Caring, a D.C.-metro area nonprofit organization that provides hospice, palliative care and counseling services to patients and their families, is expanding their services offerings to Fredericksburg and surrounding counties.