- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:36
- Published on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:36
- Hits: 219
Last month after drug abuse killed two people in King George County and sent four others to Mary Washington Hospital, King George Sheriff Steve Dempsey lamented the growing abuse of illegal drugs in the region, especially heroin.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 May 2016 15:16
- Published on Tuesday, 03 May 2016 15:16
- Hits: 418
Years of service as a paratrooper with the 187th Airborne during the Korean War helped Jim Rankin build a resilient attuned that has carried him through a successful 50 years in the competitive retail hardware business.
"Serving overseas taught me what life is all about,” says Jim. “I learned to work hard and never give up.” Jim also credits his mother’s loving guidance and direction as a contributing
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 14:42
- Published on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 14:42
- Hits: 596
Thousands of osprey arrived back in the Northern Neck last week, returning to their nests along the Potomac and Rappahannock rivers after completing their non-stop annual migration from as far away as Brazil.
The return of the ospreys each year is the final sign that spring has officially arrived.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 13:49
- Published on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 13:49
- Hits: 689
Westmoreland County Sheriff C. O. Balderson said that, through the Tri-County Drug Task Force, Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office narcotics detectives conducted an undercover operation that has resulted in the arrest of 5 individuals from all over the region and 11 indictments.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 25 February 2016 10:07
- Published on Thursday, 25 February 2016 10:07
- Hits: 980
Both pieces of state legislation that would have exempted ingredients in hydraulic fracturing fluid from public disclosure under the state’s Freedom of Information Act are dead for this year in the Virginia General Assembly.
Senate Bill 706 was struck last week on Feb. 15 at the patron’s request in a state senate subcommittee.