- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 June 2013 12:53
- Published on Tuesday, 18 June 2013 12:53
- Hits: 889
The People’s Community Bank, steeped in the rich history and traditions of the Northern Neck, celebrates its 100th Anniversary Saturday with festivities in Montross where the bank was founded in 1913.
Several hundred friends, customers and well-wishers will join the community bank’s employees in honoring the bank which was
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:52
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 02:16
- Hits: 1194
On May 25, 14 4-H youth from seven localities around the state participated in a dog obedience clinic at Cedar Hill in King George.
The clinic consisted of various exercises at Beginner Novice, Pre-Novice and Novice levels. After the clinic
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 15:51
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:49
- Hits: 1157
Those seeking local office in King George in the Fall election have less than a week to qualify as candidates.
Seats coming up for election on the Board of Supervisors and the School Board are in James Monroe and Shiloh. There is also a special countywide election for Commonwealth’s Attorney, held by Keri Gusmann, who has qualified as a candidate with no opposition, currently.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:12
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:58
- Hits: 1238
Parents of special needs children have enough on their plates just tending to the health, educational and emotional needs of their kids – not to mention often having to cope with drastically lowered income because of reduced work hours or having to pay someone else for childcare. So it’s not surprising that many of these parents haven’t had time
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:07
- Hits: 1618
Shortly after 3 p.m. on May 6, Virginia State Police responded to a two vehicle crash on Route 205 at Route 218 in King George County.
The crash occurred after the driver of a 1996 Chevrolet failed to yield the right-of-way to the driver of a 2008 International box truck. At the time of the crash, the Chevrolet was traveling southbound on Route 218 and