- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 11:30
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 11:13
- Hits: 1667
Get ready for a special day with no historical meaning, religious affiliation, or other significant value. Aye, it's Talk Like a Pirate Day, me matey.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 10:08
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 10:51
- Hits: 2135
Engineers for the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) have recommended stop signs, rumble strips and reduced speeds for the Westmoreland County intersection of Rts. 205 and 628 near Hall’s Grocery on the road between Colonial Beach and Oak Grove.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 00:54
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 00:54
- Hits: 1229
“Everybody can be great, because anybody can serve. You only need a heart full of grace and a soul generated by love”. (Martin Luther King)
Volunteering is generally defined as an activity performed by someone with concern for the welfare of others and is intended to promote good or improved human quality of life. In return, this activity can produce a feeling of self-worth and respect. There is no financial gain involved. Volunteering is also renowned for skill development, socialization, and fun.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 11:56
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:40
- Hits: 1829
Just ten months ago, a simple cup of coffee and an article in the morning paper changed the lives of colleagues and veteran teachers Dara Dawson and Sara Butler. The two women have twenty years of experience teaching math and science for upper-elementary and middle school levels and share a common passion for inspiring students to think outside the box.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 16:42
- Published on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 16:42
- Hits: 1347
It’s the end of July, and while there’s still a month before school starts, it’s already time to save money during Virginia’s annual back-to-school sales tax holiday — Friday, Aug. 2 through Sunday, Aug. 4.
This is the weekend to hit the stores for those who want to save sales tax on a wide range of clothing, footwear and school-related items, whether intended for school use or not.