- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 11:56
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:40
- Hits: 1869
Just ten months ago, a simple cup of coffee and an article in the morning paper changed the lives of colleagues and veteran teachers Dara Dawson and Sara Butler. The two women have twenty years of experience teaching math and science for upper-elementary and middle school levels and share a common passion for inspiring students to think outside the box.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 16:42
- Published on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 16:42
- Hits: 1382
It’s the end of July, and while there’s still a month before school starts, it’s already time to save money during Virginia’s annual back-to-school sales tax holiday — Friday, Aug. 2 through Sunday, Aug. 4.
This is the weekend to hit the stores for those who want to save sales tax on a wide range of clothing, footwear and school-related items, whether intended for school use or not.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:10
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:10
- Hits: 931
The Community came together once again this past weekend with special expressions of love for their neighbors in need!
Chad Baldwin had put on an outstanding Hopyard Golf Classic - a new annual event for King George!
Trinity Methodist Church did a cereal drive. Cereal is an easy, nutritious meal for seniors anytime of day.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 July 2013 15:33
- Published on Tuesday, 16 July 2013 22:28
- Hits: 1601
Rich Lorey sponsors three “Fun Physics” scholarships to Center students
The founder of the new Leadership Enrichment Center (LEC) announced today that Rich Lorey, PhD Physics, and retired NSWC Biochemical Warfare director, will be providing scholarship applications for three sponsored “Fun Physics” positions for students ages 8-12 or ages 13-18 at the LEC Open House to be held
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 10:50
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 05:50
- Hits: 1384
There are few people who have had the intimate relationship with this area that artist Bill Martz has. For more than 35 years he’s portrayed life in his part of the Chesapeake Bay area — the five counties of the Northern Neck of Virginia — through his drawings and paintings.