- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 November 2015 09:40
- Published on Tuesday, 10 November 2015 09:40
- Hits: 451
On Nov. 7, the King George High School junior varsity football team (7-2-1, 6-0-1) left it all on the field.
For the second time in four days, the James Monroe Yellowjackets and the King George Foxes went to war; only this time it was for the championship.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:17
- Published on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:17
- Hits: 904
For years, King George High School varsity head football coach Jeff Smith has had a knack for pulling a rabbit out of his hat.
On Aug. 27 at Washington and Lee Stadium in Montross, Smith utilized a 6-foot-1, 245-pound fullback by the name of Rashod Peyton.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:23
- Published on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:23
- Hits: 913
The Dahlgren Sharks competed in the 2015 Championship Division Meet of the American Division Aug. 1 at the King George YMCA’s 25-meter pool.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:25
- Published on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:25
- Hits: 980
On July 20, the Eden Estate Eels (4-1) narrowly defeated Lake Wilderness, 264-244.
The win, awarded the Eels a second-place regular-season finish in the Nationals Division.
After defeating Country Club, 341-164, Spotsylvania YMCA (5-0) easily won the regular-season title.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 15:30
- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 15:30
- Hits: 1161
For 750 triathletes, the 31st running of the Colonial Beach Triathlon Festival became a weekend to remember.
Whether they finished first overall or somewhere in the middle, the Colonial Beach-based event will forever be embedded in the forefront of their brain. Challenged with the elements of water and land, athletes from every corner of the country came out to showcase their ability to adapt to the waterways and terrain of Colonial Beach.