- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:12
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:12
- Hits: 836
It wasn’t pretty.
In fact, the Drifters’ win against conference rival Lancaster (5-4) can best be described as downright ugly.
From the seven dropped Red Devil passes that could have changed the direction of the game, to the brawl that took place during the final play of the game, it was a game measured in verbal exchanges rather than a systematic movement of first down sticks.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:45
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:45
- Hits: 6030
The Colonial Beach Drifters seemed to have mastered the “ground and pound” approach to football.
Led again by Lamar Lucas, the Black and Gold ran over, around and past the Franklin Broncos for 405 yards Sept. 12 at Monroe Park in Colonial Beach, as the Drifters (2-0) defeated the Broncos for the first time since 2008.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:26
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:26
- Hits: 1121
In the space of a week, Drifters’ varsity volleyball head coach Chase Davidson will see what he has in his team.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:23
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:23
- Hits: 1118
Most of team will be forced to play offense, defense
With their backs against the wall the Drifters remain fearless.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 11:17
- Hits: 1188
They accomplished the unthinkable! On March 3, 2009 at 3:45 p.m., time stopped in the township of Colonial Beach. Five years ago, the Colonial Beach High School varsity boys’ basketball team made school history by winning its first ever VHSL Division I, Group A Boys’ Basketball State Championship. They accomplished this mammoth feat by defeating the Eastern Montgomery Mustangs, 77-75, on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, at the Siegel Center, in Richmond.