- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 13:23
- Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 13:23
- Hits: 3096
The Journal is profiling CBHS athletes who have significant athletic contributions to their school. This week our focus is TT Carey and Dylan Farinet.
Friday, March 13, 2009, will forever cast a halo over the town by the river known as Colonial Beach. In that magical year, the Drifters boys’ varsity basketball team did the unthinkable. Utilizing a core of warriors led by
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 19:06
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:33
- Hits: 1732
The Drifters varsity basketball team can best be described as a swarm of killer bees. Every man on the floor has the potential to turn a game from average to off-the-charts. The Drifters opened the season with three wins off of Middlesex, King & Queen and Washington & Lee.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 11:53
- Hits: 2160
On Monday night, the rafters of the Drifterdome rattled and the walls shook with an unadulterated adrenalin athletic rush. The Lady Drifters varsity basketball team proved their unwavering will to step outside their usual scoring box with a 69-47 win over Middlesex. The Drifters overcame foul trouble to three key starters, and a relentless Charger offense to hold off their Tidewater rivals.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:53
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:00
- Hits: 1724
In spite of losing to the Central Lunenburg Chargers (11-1), in the second round of the Eastern Section, Division 1 football playoffs, the 2012 fall sports season has been good to Colonial Beach. “I was tough that we lost, but I think as a coach the game was more competitive than the 28-0 score,” Drifters head coach Scott Foster said.