- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 08:54
- Published on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 08:54
- Hits: 1103
On Jan. 10, depending on your point of view, the Drifterdome in Colonial Beach was a sight for sore eyes.
From injuries, to bodies colliding into each other, the mayhem in the physical 49-39 win by the Colonial Beach Drifters against the King George Foxes may be a preface to the next confrontation Jan. 17 at King George High School.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:35
- Hits: 795
On Dec. 3 at the Drifterdome in Colonial Beach, Varina High School (2-0), a triple-A school in Henrico County, threw everything it could, including standout forward Collin Blandford at the Drifters (1-0).
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:29
- Published on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:29
- Hits: 752
In spite of cold temperatures and having to play Lancaster twice in three weeks, the Drifters (9-2) defeated the Red Devils (5-6) in the first round of the 1A East Regional playoffs Nov. 14.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 November 2014 00:08
- Published on Wednesday, 12 November 2014 00:08
- Hits: 751
In spite of having four, two-way starters, including the area’s second-leading rusher, Lamar Lucas, out due to injury, Colonial Beach upset heavily favored Washington & Lee Eagles on Nov. 7.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:12
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:12
- Hits: 818
It wasn’t pretty.
In fact, the Drifters’ win against conference rival Lancaster (5-4) can best be described as downright ugly.
From the seven dropped Red Devil passes that could have changed the direction of the game, to the brawl that took place during the final play of the game, it was a game measured in verbal exchanges rather than a systematic movement of first down sticks.