- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:45
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:46
- Hits: 2074
It was a golden moment. On Friday night, in the town of Colonial Beach, Drifter fans waited anxiously for another magical moment in varsity basketball history. After three attempts from the field, and two foul shots made earlier in the second quarter, Monte Gould connected on his third free throw in a row to become the 14th Drifter ever to enter the 1,000 boys varsity basketball club.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 00:58
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 00:58
- Hits: 2958
It was a war that will never be forgotten. No matter how the season ends for the Colonial Beach High School boys’ varsity basketball team (3-2), they will have the distinction of defeating Washington & Lee twice during the 2013-2014 winter sports season. What does that mean? In short, the mere mention of having Northern Neck bragging rights over the Eagles is equal to winning a conference championship.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 05:36
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 05:36
- Hits: 2327
Fasten your seat belts, the winter basketball season has already begun. By the time the 2014 portion of the winter sports season arrives, the Drifters girls’ varsity basketball team’s fortitude will have been tested and proven. Long before the Christmas break, the Drifter faithful will see their beloved ladies of “Black & Gold” battle teams such as King George, North Stafford, Washington & Lee and West Point. Nothing will be easy in the new VSHL reclassification era of fast lane basketball.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:53
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:53
- Hits: 1881
After defeating the Lancaster Red Devils 42-29, the Drifters (5-4) have moved one step closer to hosting their first Conference 43, 1A East playoff game. However, the Drifters have one major roadblock in front of them in the form of Washington & Lee.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:05
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:05
- Hits: 1845
Resilience and determination are two words that do not begin to describe the spirit of the Colonial Beach High School football program.